Skip to content

Ideal link velocity for ranking sites?

edited October 2014 in Other / Mixed
I would like this to be an open-ended discussion on what is the best link velocity to rank sites. Generally based on what I have read, the norm is to build a minimum of 10 and a max of 50 links per day on tier 1. On tier 2, I guess another 50 links to each URL on tier 1. And for parasite pages I guess you can be much more aggressive with maybe 1000 links per day. And what percentage of your links should be contextual links? Is it natural to have ONLY contextual links on tier 1? I'm sure there would be a lot of different opinions. Please chime in with yours. It would really clear things up for me. :)

Comments

• Great post mate, be interested to know as just startiung out

• Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    I always build in abundance, this allows me to think ahead and counteract link loss.

All this mambo jambo about sticking to a specific amount of links per day on new sites is a bit random as I've purchased brand new domains many of times and started building out my tier 1 set within a week and sent them all for bulk indexing.

The problem is not how fast you build your links, it's how fast they are indexed which should technically count moreso than building, I've done a few experiments myself on various new domains, sending 250 links for indexing per day, I've also sent over 3,000 tier 1 links for indexing over a period of 3 days drip with no negative effect, sure, your site will bounce for a few days, but will return with more resilience.

The more links a site has, the more durable it becomes which should be evident if you're an SEO, keep your anchor ratios in check as this is the more important thing...

It does make me laugh when I see "Natural" thrown into SEO, what exactly is natural? nothing is perfect and trying to keep things slow and steady is not natural at all if you think about it, a legit site does not receive 24 or 50 links per day, every single day, it just doesn't, any fool could see that they are fabricated links being so regimented, god forbid if one day you create 26 links instead of 25, your world will crash and burn within seconds! I'm joking..

SEO is a constant work in progress, play with it, learn from it and enjoy it, it's more fun that way.

You wouldn't believe how much rubbish is dribbled around SEO related forums about the "DOs" and "DONTs" of SEO.

SER builds crappy links, lets admit, but I only use it to rank my sites, the true power of SER is the endless supply of crappy links, couple this with a strategy that fabricates authority and after time, you'll have a strong profile.

You need a good strategy ofcourse and consistency and definitely patience.
  • @Tim89 thank you for the detailed post! I am going to focus on ranking some parasite pages for big money keywords with thousands of contextual links. I think overall, it's not about the quantity of links, but the conistency of link building. As long as you keep building new links on a consistent basis at varying rates, your site will eventually rank!
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    edited October 2014
    @Monie Indeed it will
  • @Tim89 hit the nail on the head. If you start strong then keep it up. If you trickle some shit links, then you'll go hungry by the end of the week.

Mix it up with some solid links and varied links, and you're most of the way there. 

I find it's the ratios of t1/t2/etc that is a big factor, plus what engines you use, and about 1,000 other factors but that's a different story as this is just about velocity ;)
  • JayJayJayJayJayJay Malaysia
    edited July 2023
    @Tim89 what??? Google doesn't check the dates and time when we post our links and spank our asses if we don't try to be good boys? You serious? Can I start removing my stop for 1 day after 10 submissions setting and start building links non stop starting from today??? That will feel so so good...  <3 you're serious ya? 
  • Remember, this post is from 2014, nearly 10 years ago. There are ways that Google can find dates of link creation, such as: datePublished and dateModified schema, Last-Modified HTTP headers, and XML sitemap last modified fields. However, all these are open to manipulation and so it's doubtful that Google trusts them. They can however track what time and date they first saw the link, and what the source of them finding the link was. Link velocity does play a part in the ranking algorithm, you've just got to be consistent. And at the slow rate that Googlebot is crawling these days, you should have no worries with building lots of links per day.
    Thanked by 1JayJayJay