Skip to content

How many links do you blast to main site/tier 1/tier 2 etc. for a new site

edited January 2013 in Need Help
Hey guys just a couple questions.. I've got a tier 1 blasting to my main site.. (it's my only site I run an online clothing company).. Only want around 20 verified links per day.. I am posting to pr>3 pages with <50 OBL for tier 1 and they are only articles, directories, and web 2.0's. The articles I am posting are highly unique and pass copyscape. Is 20 links per day going to my main site too much or too little? I've heard mixed reviews of blasting anything to the money site. I think 20 a day to pr>3 pages is fine though. Then on tier 2 I have blog comments/directories/forum/guestbook/social bookmarks blasted to PR>3. These are being blasted until I get around 50 verified links per day. Finally is tier 3 which is all the spam.. pr>1 and this is being blasted until around 100 verified links per day. Right now I might be getting a lower number of verified links per day.

Any suggestions you guys have would be great

Comments

• This is really where knowledge of your industry comes in amongst many other factors. Nobody is going to give u a definitive answer considering how many is safe. Ask yourself what's normal for your niche? how many links does your closest competitors have and how regularly do they get them?

Google has link graphs and make a good job of understanding what's 'normal'.

Saturated niches for example can handle more links since that's what is considered normal. Also does your competition have a lot of their links directed at the homepage or inner pages? again, you need to look carefully at what's 'normal' before you start getting links.

Spending abit of time understanding your niche in terms of seo strategy is crucial now, do this first and you'll have a much better understanding and answers to your specific questions....
  • thank you very much for the insight.. I believe the rate I am going at is perfect as it's a pretty saturated market.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited January 2013

@Dyekid217 - Linking to your moneysite has a lot more to do with 1) the age of your site, 2) the number of links you already have pointing to your site, and 3) your current link velocity.

If your site was brand new (or has no links), I would only do about 3-5 a day, then every couple of weeks, gradually increase the nuumber from there.

If you already have a large number of links pointed to your site, then what you suggested is safe.

What matters a lot is link velocity. If you build 100 links this week, then 500 next week, then 200 the following week, you are going to shoot that site into the ground. Have a consistent build pattern that increases slightly over time - what you would expect with a site that is increasing in organic popularity.

Try to keep track of the total number of links pointing to your site. Links do disappear. So when you factor in the attrition of links, you want to maintain a steady baseline of total links that gradually increases. You don't want to lose ground with your total links - that looks like a site in decay.

I always smiled upon high PR links, but since Penguin, I have discovered that it does not matter. I always loved it because it was the one thing that could game the system in your favor. Now I find that it is irrelevant in getting high rankings. But keep in mind that a high PR *page* is very different from what you are talking about, which is the PR of the *domain*.  Those links you build on PR3+ domains have a pagerank of *NA* (which is less than zero), so don't deceive yourself. That page will never rise in pagerank above *NA* unless you have a tsunami of pages linking to it - and even then, some would be needed with genuine pagerank. Having said that, I have eliminated using the PR filter as it slows down GSA for all my projects. Plus, I have proven to myself countless times that it hasn't affected my rankings. So you can do what you want, but remember that Google is changing its algorithm all the time. Old SEO advice is old SEO advice. You have to stay current and test things out for yourself.

On everything except comment blogs, OBL is fairly irrelevant as they will almost always be less than 50. But I have taken the same approach as with PR. It slows down the software to count. You might want to separate out blog comments in a separate project to put a OBL filter on it because it will slow down target acquisition with other platforms, at least in my experience.

Lastly, you are safe to ratchet up your Tier2 and Tier3. Remember, the entire purpose of this is to pass link juice up through your pyramid and increase SE spider crawls that ultimately lead to your moneysite. You can easily go 10:1 or 20:1 on Tier2 for every Tier1 link you create, and Tier3 would be handled the same way relative to Tier2. When things are mature in a a few months, you can go without limits on Tier2 and Tier3.

Hope that helps.

• edited January 2013
    Ok this is great help... Now when you say go for 3-5 links per day are you talking about submissions or verifications?

I understand that a submission means that it's submitted to the site but if it doesnt verify then it means that it can't find the link.. in other words it isn't live?

So should I limit my tier 1 links to 5 SUBMISSIONS per day? or 5 VERIFICATIONS per day?

same goes for tier 2 tier 3

EDIT: I am paying for an seo service right now and just received some great looking web 2.0 properties and articles.. would it be safe if I now redirected my tier 1 links at these properties instead of my main site now. The content I've been posting seems to have a high stick-rate as well. but since these properties have spun images and video would it be wiser to blast these links instead to grow authority?
  • ronron SERLists.com

Submissions per day. You'll end up with too many links if you do verifcations. You should create a separate project to hit your new tier properties. So don't redirect anything, Create a new project and *also* hit your new web 2.0 properties. Those properties may end up being on page 1 of the rankings in several months. If they start getting close, you then have the luxury to decide if you want to rewrite them into a sales page or product review. They will grow in authority just because of the linkbuilding activity. 

• edited January 2013
    ah ok makes sense.. I haven't been doing this for too long so that's probably why alot of my submissions haven't verified yet since I read it takes 5-6 days to do so...

Also do you recommend gsa finding the url's to post to automatically?? I have a copy of scrapebox but have not yet found a good way to scrape using the footprints from GSA. There's just so many platforms I'm not sure how to scrape properly.. Do I import 1 footprint at a time? or can I do multiple footprints? It seems as if my scrapebox will hang up if I choose multiple footprints.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited January 2013
    BTW, I was talking about 10:1 on the tiers, meaning 30-50 per day per link you have in the group above it. So if you have 30 tier1 properties, you build 300 links per day on tier 2. And if you have 300 on tier 2, you build 3000 on tier3. This is an example. A lot of people take off the throttle and build tens of thousands on their tiers, like I do. But that is with more mature properties.

I would start off letting GSA find targets. There's an entire internet for it to browse. If you have heavy competition, and "mature" projects, *then* you might need a boost to find new targets for the tiers, and then you might need to feed those beasts more food. I would not worry about that now. You are months away from that being a potential issue, in my opinion.
  • edited January 2013
    Ok sounds great... I was also given manually made tumblr pages and .edu links.. I think I'm gonna set up 3 different projects.. 1 project for the web 2.0's.. 1 project for the .edu links. 1 project for the tumblrs as well as a project that is feeding 10-15 tier 1 links per day straight to my domain.
  • I have a question, but tier 2 and 3 for example wich kind of pages must be? pages on the money site, or properly on other website? for example an article posted on other website, please explain me this if someone can help
  • @dimcik

Tier 3 are backlinks for your Tier 2 backlinks. And your Tier 2 are backlinks for your Tier 1 links. Tier 1 link directly to your money sites.
  • @hyde yes i understand this, i have ask which kind of page must be tier2 and tier3 , if tier1 is the money website, so which kind of pages must be the tier 2/3 must be an article post on some website, an article on my website, or what?
  • Tier 1 is not moneysite, Tier 1 is the first level of links To your moneysite, you can use some good web 2.0 blogs for this tier, for tier 2 you can blast with some bookmarks, wikis, profiles and web2.0, for tier 3 blast with blog comments and guestbooks.

this is one way you can try..
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited January 2013

@dimcik - Just so you are on the same page, your moneysite is not on any tier. It is essentially Tier "0".

Tier 1 is what directly links to your moneysite. On Tier 1, you want platforms that generate articles, like articles, web 2.0 and microblogs. Tiers 2 and 3 are everything else, or anything you want it to be, usually the crappiest links that you can get in high volumes.

• @ron so which is the difference with tiers? if i can on moneysite check all this toghether? Can someone explain me better to understand this step, as i think it's really great with this software, many have tried and like it, but i can't try it first to understand...
  • My 2 cents...

Tiers should always be contextual links i.e. links within the body of the content like articles, web 2.0, wikis, etc. Most links used in tiered link building like blog comments, bookmarks, guestbook, image comments, etc. should only serve as secondary links and not tiers.

To get contextual links in GSA in project window select all links and then un-select links "that use no contextual links". Use this format for both tier 1 and tier 2. Tier 2 you can also add forums, blog comments and directories. In tier 3 you can pretty much use everything. Also, use a tool like GSA SEO Indexer or a service like Lindexed.

Don't use all platforms in tier 1 i.e. linking directly to your money site. Many are bad quality links and will definitely penalize your site.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @tumpien - "Don't use all platforms in tier 1 i.e. linking directly to your money site. Many are bad quality links and will definitely penalize your site." - can you expand on which are bad quality? Or which are good quality? I'm doing some testing and would love to hear your thoughts on this statement a little more. 

• ronron SERLists.com
    edited January 2013

@GG - Use just contextual in Tier1. See other thread where I answered your question in detail here:

https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/1475/what-type-of-backlinks-are-recommended-towards-tier-1-#Item_9

• @GlobalGoogler - Don't use any of the spammed ones. That would be image comments, guestbook, blog comments without filters and using the default content, trackbacks, pingbacks, and referrer.

You can use blog comments if you use filters like PR2/3+ and OBL < 60 and also manually write comments that are niche relevant. Doing that I got over 400 comments overnight and a few were on pages with PR. But comments need to be relevant to the niche and make sense... not the usual great blog, great point, etc.
  • I have been using all the platforms (except Whois and Refeerer) To all my Brand new sites since I first got GSA and have seen nothing but great results. 
  • @hunar are you using every type of links spamming a brand new website? or you doing a limited amount of links each day?
  • I just let GSA run.   I don't set a limit or anything.  And the platforms I select are all of them except for the Whois and Referrer.
  • edited January 2013
    everyone has their own way of doing 'SEO'.. I build tier1 links and let them sit couple of weeks..then I only build tier2 links to  'VIP tier1 links'..Here is criteria of VIP tier1 links

- must be 2 weeks old [so I am sure it won't get deleted]
    - must be dofollow
    - must have my targeted keyword
    - must have domain PR 1>  [If domain pr is 1 or more, chances are webmaster is not going to shut that website down..so i wont loose that link and tier2 link juice]

By going through this approach..i am using SER very efficiently.. I don't have to submit thousands of links.. SER only builts links which matters most to me..and this strategy is working greatly for me
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @hunar - did something similar and got horrid results! Been spending the last 2 months troubleshooting why! 
  • bloupbloupbloupbloup Spain
    edited September 2013
    I would like to add my little cent. 

It is trendy to have few tier 1 domains. However, i think it is a dangerous strategy. 

If you have few tier 1, it means that your traffic can drop dramatically if one of the tier 1:

• The webmaster of a Tier 1 domain decide to put a nofollow on each link
    • A tier 1 website is taken down
    • For some reason, they remove your links. 
    If you have only 10 Tier 1 backlink domains & if one of the three scenario above happens, all the precious hours you took to build up tier 2 and tier 3 links to this particular tier 1 domain will be ruined in the matter of a day.

You have then to start from scratch all your tier 2 and tier 3.
  • Well I read the whole post and miss one important thing for a long shot by big G. Would it not be easy for Google to discover your tier x ... to tier3 to tier2 to tier1 to your moneyside and penalize it? The reason why I think Google can discover it easy is that each tier only points at one website and normal websites with "quality" points to more then one website. How to solve this issue?
  • @stoffl > when you open a project above "Above yourself" you can find option - insert up to 0-2 random urls for random words. Use this option and you will have articles with anchors pointing to your Tiers and some other authority sites.
  • I meant above "about yourself" section.
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited October 2013
    @stoffl - as above, but for extra bonus points, edit the random url file to include [authority] urls and keywords that are relevant to your project and you will also benefit from co-citation and increased thematic relevance for your articles.

Depending on the quality of your content, you may also find that they 'stick' better as they will look less spammy to any webmasters/mods.
  •  

i am into manual blog articles for the TIER 1. So i would suggest 20 blogs articles for the TIER 1. If you lose 1 blog for some reason, you will only loose 5% of the pagerank. 
    Then, in GSA, you create a project with the list of 20 blog urls. and check "use a random from above..."

TIER 2:
    Then, you would setup GSA to send 20 submissions per day ticking by URL. So it will stop after 20 * 20 = 400 submissions. So my project would be to create tier 2 that hit my manual blogs that are tier 1. 

In order to get a TIER 3 you need to buy GSA fast indexer and then in GSA search enginer ranker, click on "send verified links to indexer services". This will send all new links to GSA indexer automatically. And GSA indexer will send whois / stats links to each TIER 2 links. To do so, in GSA fast indexer tick "Deep links only". 

Everything is automated for TIER 3, you don't have to do anything GSA will do everything. 

Then, you can play around spin your anchor text. If you want to create you own spun blog comment. (i don't know if it is useful.