Skip to content

Modifing engines files?

edited December 2012 in Need Help
So i use my own footprints for platforms here, alot of times it says 'engine no recognized' but i know it works. If i edit the 2nd line [the one with footprints] it will make them recognized or i should edit the 1st line [with path etc] ?
Also can i crush GSA this way?

Comments

• Ok maybe im not clear. Lets take buddypress as example.

page must have1=wp-login.php?action=register|/register/|create an account
    page must have2=BuddyPress

search term="Proudly powered by WordPress and BuddyPress"

if i have my own footprints that i find sites with [not seek them in GSA] should i add anythign to: page must have or it wont change anything? also pagemusthave1 and 2 mean both things need to be find or just 1 of them ?
  • OzzOzz
    edited December 2012
    new footprints needs to be added to "search term=" seperated by "|". 

"page must have" is used to identify the platform. in this case there are two identificators which needs to match with the text of the html source code of a page.
  • You may want to read through the Scripting guide, it has an explanation of each of the fields.

https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/12/gsa-search-engine-ranker-help-pdf039s-download#Item_1
  • I understand the part of 'new footprints' yet i scrape with different software [Hrefer] so no big deal.
    I just want to make sure GSA will recognize those as right platform.

What about using 'musthave but with pipe |  so for example:
    page must have1=wp-login.php?action=register|/register/|create an account|keyword3
    thats fine too right?

• Take a peek at the manual.  It's all in there.
  • ok but will GSA overwrite on update what i added? if so - then it wotn make muc hsense to modify CMS files
  • If you make it a new engine SER will not overwrite it when updating. If you try to piggyback on another engine then it will. 
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Is the best way to just rename the files you've updated to a new name? 

What's the best way to get new updates then?
  • edited February 2013
    "I understand the part of 'new footprints' yet i scrape with different software [Hrefer] so no big deal.
    I just want to make sure GSA will recognize those as right platform.

What about using 'musthave but with pipe |  so for example:
    page must have1=wp-login.php?action=register|/register/|create an account|keyword3 
    thats fine too right?"

If you do it this way, you'll likely get platforms that aren't buddypress, I guess at least SER will move on to the register step.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    keep in mind that all must have 1-X have to match. So this must have1 is just one thing.