but I must be doing something wrong because
this is really slow .. my 1st tier is inactive
my 2nd tier has been running for over 20+ hrs 
and has 157 verified
are these normal numbers?

cheers

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    What are you using for proxies? Its better if you post a log so we can see whats going on.
  • I'm using the built in proxy finder
    I could get some if that would make a big difference

how can I post a log?
    where can I find it?

• I've been using GSA ser and indexer everyday ... probably 6-8 + hours a day

so far  have a total of
    433 verified tier 1
    and 457 verified tier 2
    this is since I bought it

I'm sure I'm doing something not right...

also a down trend on the site I'm linking to - site 2 yrs old

http://i.imgur.com/qZOld.png

any guidance would be helpful...

• edited December 2012
    Follow this guide
    https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/436/gsa-best-practice-part-1-gsa-other-services-setup
    set Captcha Sniper to 5 retries. And don't use wac template to fill all fields in GSA SER for your tier 1 links. (it's garbage though!) Use only the Articles generated by wac from the paragraph mode/ light spinning. ( watch the wac introduction movie in the homepage and follow instructions to produce readable articles ) for the rest fields in GSA write them yourself.
    Also buy some private proxies or set the public proxies harvester in GSA SER in a smarter way.
    Try this

Of course private proxies will get you better results but you will get decent links without them as well.

Don't forget to read the sticky FAQ thread in this forum. It's very useful and will answer most of your questions.
  • thanks alot for the input ... I'll read the link above and check out the settings for CS, WAC and the proxy setting

cheers
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Dont set csx to any retries. Zero retries in that setting.

People I have told to change that setting have seen a big jump in submissions

One guy on here noticed a 20% increase in submissions just by changing that

• edited December 2012
    @LeeG

The CS developer recommend us to make it 5 retries but some people here say that zero will yield better results. I guess i will have to try this and see what kind of results i will get.
    1- do you use a second fail over captcha service with this ? or only CS ?
    2- What is the cause of the better results although the captcha solving success rate will go down for sure ?
  • OzzOzz
    edited December 2012
    1) no, he don't. sorry LeeG, if i answer that for you ;)

2) the cause is that it will speed up submission and instead waiting to get that captcha solvedyou hit another target in that time.

the "send captcha to CS -> send result to SER -> if result was wrong send another captcha" process will be determinated.

I only use one captcha service which is either csx or cb (beta tester)

All your doing is cutting back on wasting time.

Six retries at 1 to 2 seconds per retry is a possible six more submissions

I base my settings on time, if it adds time to a search or submissions, I try to cut as much junk out as possible

• Thanks guys , I changed my settings according to your recommendation.

You guys really don't use any captcha services for your moneysite tier 1 links ?! I wonder how do you guys get some decent high pr links without it since most of quality sites use recaptcha.

CSX does support recaptcha. From memory its about a 20% success rate

Again by having zero retries, your not bashing recaptcha and getting flagged as automatic submission software.

If your after hitting those types of sites and using a paid service. Set the second service to the pid one.

Then the projects you want to either use csx, paid captcha or both, change the settings in the second tab on each project / tier

You can set that to use one of the three options, captcha service 1, 2 or both

When GSA CB gets released, that also has the built in option in that to pass on failed captchas to a paid service

• Many of the social networks and blog posting sites like Dolphin, PHPFox, Drupal - Blog and vBulletin -Blog use other captchas than reCaptcha often times.

reCaptcha +  Mollom captcha are a very big part of all captchas for all platforms though (i'd say ~30-40% overall). 
    when you are sending captchas to human solving services it takes even more time for them to solve them and they don't guarantee a 100% solving rate also.

here are some stats from deathbycaptcha:

Average solving time 1 minute ago: 23 sec
    5 minutes ago:
    19 sec
    15 minutes ago: 19 sec
    Today's average accuracy rate: 90.6 % 

overall there are enough targets you can post to with the help of captcha solving tools only. 
    edited December 2012

If your getting low submissions, its also worth checking your html timeout setting on the main options tab.

Set too low and it wont find the verified sites

When I have set people copies of gsa up in the past, I set that to the max setting of 180 and then work down

Soon as you hit too many

• Ive set my CS to 0 retries
    but sending unsolved to dbc
    my thinking being that the higher pr sites use difficult captchas

I'm reading the posts recommended here...  and had a couple of mini "light bulb" moments
    I stopped my main project with 433 verified - I probably did more harm then good the way I set it up
    but I'm continuing with the 1st tier which has 898 verified

I'll continue reading
    I'm beginning see two schools of thought here
    1 is splitting it up as much as possible, giving more control and
    2 more of a S.L.I.M. - sometimes less is more, approach

I've bookmarked several pages and will be referencing them ...

• just an update on my test site ... I decided to use a buffer domain "tumblr" with 50+ paragraphs each with a link targeting a page on my test site ... I blasted the tumblr page with primary and secondary tiers and all my indexing has turned into a ghost town... so the people that ask me about GSA I tell them to proceed at their own risk because it will either work or get you site blown out of the cyber space ... lol  
  • hmm that sounds like you used it like you shouldnt ,) ... if you do it carefully and pretty organized .. i even managed to rank some of my old not changing sites again ... it takes a while if you do it the right way .. or you use the other way blast, make money, forget site make new, )
  • anyway I haven't given up but from now on I will use the buffer domain method exclusively so the worst that can happen is nothing
  • doing massive blog comment spam in short time must have kicked you..