Skip to content

Issues with using only my imported list

Ok so I followed all the steps listed here in this thread https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/6389/only-use-imported-list-on-gsa-ser-no-search

And still GSA is creating new accounts and posting to sites besides the ones I imported. Anyone have any help? I am stumped at the moment.

Thank you much

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    edited August 2014
    new accounts might be created if SER sees that the login data is not correct.
  • Thank you for the reply. So by your comment I am taking that if I import sites that GSA doesn't recognize it will still post to other random sites?

A bit confused.
  • @uppitycracker there is a huge difference between importing verified list and importing account data..
    When you import the list sold it only gives SER a list of URL's to register and post.
  • I am talking about importing a verified list. That is what I am asking about.
  • @uppitycracker Yes, when using verified list SER creates accounts and posts it.. it's what it does..
  • My question and where I am stuck is I imported a verified list on a specific platform. I un-checked all the search engine things and what not as talked about in this post https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/6389/only-use-imported-list-on-gsa-ser-no-search

Then when I go to run GSA and it is posting to random other places and creating stuff. Like 301's/etc... None of which are included in my verified list.

So my question is how to I stop it from doing this. My thought is that if GSA doesn't recognize or has trouble with anything from my imported verified list then it should tell me so with like stated in another post I read here like this "If the link itself is dead however and there is no footprints on the target page, then SER would have difficulties posting and will give "no engine matches""

But it isn't doing that. It is just skipping my list and doing its own thing and still creating random type of links to different sites like 301's/etc... like I stated above.

Anyone know what the issue could be or a setting I totally missed?
  • can you post ur settings here?
  • What settings specifically?
  • Engine selection and options settings
  • For project options I have everything under "How to get target urls" I have all the search engines de-selected and all other boxes un-checked.

• When engines have you checked? Do you have the 'URL Shortener' link type checked? That is the only way it will build those types of links, even if your list contains them.

SER has a URL shortener list built in, so you just need to un-check it.
  • looplineloopline autoapprovemarketplace.com
    Under project options do you have
    "Use urls linking on same verified URL (supported by some engines only)"

Its under the how to get target urls section, right below search engines. 

That will go out and find random targets and could cause what you are experiencing.

Also some platforms have "preprogramed starting points" if you will.  So if you create a sample project and uncheck all search engines and do not load in any target urls and hit go, SER will start making links based off programmed targets to start with.

If you can show a video of all the tabs (or screenshots) of your project options, that would be very helpful.  What platforms/engines you have selected in the left column, to build links on, and everything in the options tab, those are the only two that I guess would really affect the specific issue you are having.