Skip to content

Only Use Imported List on GSA SER (No search)

Hello, I generated my own lists of sites using my own footprints for the platforms I want. I setup a project, disabled all search engines since I want my own urls only, selected all site types and entered all the settings I want. 

From the main screen on SER, I right clicked on the project, import, from file and picked the text file. When I started the project however, I'm getting submits from tons of sites that are not on my list. Looking at the logs, it seems like its getting urls from somewhere else but doesn't look like its from search. How do I tell SER to use only my urls and nothing else?

Thank you
PM

Comments

• Edit: I made sure "Always use keywords to find target sites" and "Analyse and post to competitor backlinks" are off. 
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    Did you make sure that post to existing lists - verified, identified etc was unchecked?

• If you mean the option "Use URL's from global site lists if enabled", yes, it is unchecked. If you meant something else, please let me know.
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    I meant that yes. hmmm that's very strange - Hopefully someone else will have an answer for you.
  • I'm looking in my GSA/Projects folder and I'm seeing text files with file names like:
    Sitename.new_targets
    Sitename.targets
    Does anyone know if flushing these files will get rid of the sites that were somehow imported? I'm not sure if they're stored anywhere else but I'd like to get rid of everything I didn't import.

Thank you.

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

1. project options->[-] How to get Target URLs-> uncheck all search engines, uncheck all options below the box.

2. clear target url history using right click on project->modify

3. import new urls using right clcik on project->import target urls

• Thank you Sven, that worked perfectly when I flushed out the target url history and re-imported. Quick question, my scrapebox results I have a lot of duplicate urls on the same domains of different pages, will SER be able to pick just 1 url and submit or will it try to create multiple accounts on the same service? I could try to remove multiple results from the same domain but its not so easy to figure out what is the root or registration page.

Thank you @Sven
    Only one URL from same domain is used...if that submission is done, the next can be taken from the same domain. That has to be done to not submit more than the wanted articles e.g.
  • Question, @Sven after targets are imported and the log says "it won't post to any targets unless it's added" (paraphrasing) What's the next step?  or that's it?
    Thats it. No need to do anything else. 
  • Is this method good for those of us who have deleted the default urls GSA SER comes with and only focuses on scraping and posting to our own urls?

I'm getting terrible LPM so far with custom footprints I've bought here as recommended by @Sven and I need to fix it.

I have 2 million links I personally scraped and cleaned using GScraper. When I import and sort in using GSA I notice in the log that it has a ton of "Wrong Engine Detected" errors. 

That means that GSA mislabeled them and GSA has no idea what to do with them now and slows it down.

How the heck do you fix that and get these imported correctly so I don't have this isse?

GSA = is the company name! Please get that sorted first!

Anyway the "wrong engine detected" is a message when the engine itself is OK but on a later stage it decides not to go on as e.g. an invite code is needed, article posting not allowed or some other things.

There is not much you can do about it.

• Hi,

Anyone know where to get a good site list for SER
  • @linkedseo, scrape or buy one. You can also find some free public ones, but they are usually spammed to death already if they're not dead. Making a good list by yourself can take months to do and people generally do not just give them away.