Skip to content

GSA URL Import

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited August 2012 in Need Help
I am starting to prescrape lists in SB and then import them into GSA.

When you go to Advanced --> Import it gives you option to save to custom file. What does this mean? 

Would the correct process be as follows:
1) Export txt file.
2) Import using GSA. 
3) Leave import options unchecked. (like save to custom, etc)
4) When it's done, save unknown to folder for later when it might identify it.

Is there anything I am missing?
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Why not just import the URLs directly to the project? There is no need for the global site list feature if you want to feed just projects with links. 
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I have multiple projects so it seems that the best way would be to use a global site list. 

But good idea for individual specific projects to import URL's.

What I'd like to know is if I import a set of URL's for a project, will it automatically be added to global site list for future use and other projects? 
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Ozz - where are you based? I've read so many of your comments and I can't work out your nationality (many of the German and Indian users are obvious!) :-) Just curious! ;-) Judging by the timezone and your good English I'd guess UK.  :D
  • OzzOzz
    edited August 2012
    I'm not a native english speaker and make use of a dictionary a lot. That helps obviously but I've no clue about grammar and spelling in many cases and just guessing, lol. I'm a good guesser, I guess :D

Mit Sven rede ich allerdings in deutsch ;)
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Ozz - I've just visited Frankfurt for 2 weeks. Loved it! I also speak German, but am from Africa, but in Greece at the moment, taking some time out. :) Your English is exceptional!