Skip to content

Found Something Out When Running Projects With Different Engines

I know there is a general consensus of running separate projects for contextual/junk/indexer type links, BUT I never realised that running only spam.indexing engines together at the same time is beneficial, then stopping them and running your contextual engines completely separate. For example, don't run some contextual projects and some spam ones, as your LPM will drop. I'm running about 300% more LPM just doing this now. It's a bit annoying as I have lots of test projects which have varying engines, so I need to run those on their own for an hour or so. It means a lot of baby sitting but the results are very good, particularly when running AA lists/verified list.

Hope this makes sense.

Comments

• Would like to wake this threads as I am experiencing something similar. When I set up a project to post to ALL engines I get a lot of contextual links in the mix. But if I set it post to ONLY contextual SER really STRUGGLES to post anything - getting very few verified links,

@JudderMan this is what you experienced right?
  • I said the same (or maybe similar) thing some days ago....
    https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/14037/why-t2s-is-so-much-slower-than-t2#latest

If I run mixed projects (contestual + spam) the LPM doesn't change too much, but the CPU usage go to the sky!
    That not happen if I run the 2 type of projects in separate time
  • @Monie I get lots of verifieds but that's because I spend a lot of time on the footprints for each engine and various other tweaks/optimisation of SER. I was more talking about the speed/LPM of running spam on its own and then contextuals on their own and so on.

@peterperseo yeah man that's it, the CPU gets drained when running everything all at the same time. I don't use auto verify either, as that saps power. I have very quick dedis and even they get bogged down so god knows what slower machines and VPSs are like. I run Active V once a day or every other day.Then just let it post for 24-48 hours.
  • @JudderMan
    You said you don't use auto verify. 

I don't use the option: Re-verify existing backlinks every xxx, just because I do like you, every 1 or 2 days I run Active V and that's ok.

I think what you are not using is that other: Verified Links must have exact URL - When to verify Automatically

Is it correct?

But if you don't select that option, I was thinking that all the submitted stay freezed on the submitted column and never go to the verified column (or deleted).

So am I wrong?

• Nope, I use verified links must have exact URL as when I reverify it deletes any dead links or moved links. I don't want to be building thousands of links to moving pages/deleted links.

If you leave it to run Active V for a full day then your submitted will eventually go down to nearly 0 once it's parsed the emails. However, I'd rather be building links than waiting for verifications to be completed.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @JudderMan - You discovered an old Jedi trick that I use. Here's a screenshot I took right after lunch today of me using only contextuals on some lower level tiers:image.

When you mix platforms, which we all do, you are correct, SER allocates resources differently. It is kind of fun to just let certain platforms rip and make some linkjuice.
  • ron what mega box du you have if you can run 800 threads with only 16% cpu wow