Skip to content

Is it Possible to Merge Verified Folders?

Without breaking them? I have multiple servers and want to 'share' my verified lists between them so I have one big ass database of a verified folder. I'm not even going to attempt this without asking the experts first. 

There is this awesome post from Satans Apprentice https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/7718/is-it-possible-to-merge-multiple-site-lists but I just want to share the verified list once not all the time and I don't trust Dropbox at all now after it went completely retardo twice on me a few weeks back when pulling .sl files from it across multiple servers. Plus I don't have space for that now as DB is used for holding articles for my projects.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    sorry hard to say if it would work. Someone must try that first I guess.
  • edited August 2014
    Hmm OK thanks Sven. 

Let me ask another question then: I have one server that has 1 million verified from having modified engines. When I pull the verified file, it has all of the verified files in their respective engine folders ie. article dashboard etc. Can I just remove the old verified folder from the server and put the 1 million verified folder in its place, run SER and then somehow rerun the original verified file so the server has 1 million + the original amount (think it was 350k), so 1.35 million verified.

I want to create a mega verified list so I can just load onto any of my SER licences and blast new projects with them.

@Sven while I have your attention, did you see my post in this thread https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/12744/modified-engines-check-all-new-ones#latest this is a problem that I have with my newly modified engines. The old ones work really well, sometimes giving me 10x URLs what were originally there using the default engines, but it looks like Santos's tool doesn't communicate very well with the latest versions of SER. And yes, I've seen and tried to use the Footprint Studio but I much prefer Santos's tool as I have thousands of footprints that I can just load into the respective engine and modify them. I can't see that being as easy with the Footprint Studio...unless I'm wrong?

• OK forget the footprint bit, that's sorted now. I'd renamed the file names with a prefix and it screwed things up. 

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    lists: simply import the sites to a project, delete all files in it, copy your other verified folder content to it and let it run. You will end up having the old verified urls in it + the once from the project adding it.
    ---
    sorry I don'T really undertsand your other problem or what I can do about it.