Skip to content

Modified Engines, Check All New Ones...?

edited July 2014 in Need Help
Just spent the last week or so modifying all of my engines to take footprints using Santos' tool, which I still think is much more relevant than the Footprint Studio...BUT, how on Earth can I check all of the new modified engines across all of my projects? I've tried doing it manually, then 5 minutes later, they are grey (ie. some engines not checked, and all of the modified ones are unchecked). I've tried running one project at a time, then check the engines, and they are unchecked. I've tried Notepad++ but same result.

Is having too many modified engines killing SER? Is Santos' tool not compatible with the latest versions of SER (if so, why?) All footprints are relevant and painstakingly created....so this is pretty annoying...

ps. I'm finding a lot of problems lately with SER, do I need to clean down (ie. remove all projects) and reinstall SER as I haven't done this for 7-8 months. Is this the problem? 

Comments

• This still doesn't work. Is there something up with modifying engines and them not working in the latest versions of SER? 

Really frustrated as I've spent so much time on doing this. 
  • Are you using SER to scrape?

I run some modified engines and no issues that I have seen.
  • Yep. SER scraping. I just can't get the check box to check all of the engines and stay that way.
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    edited July 2014
    @Judderman - I think we figured it out and have a fix. It's the way the modified engines were named.

We pushed an update to the software and also I'm going to PM you a tool that should fix the engines you already made.
  • Thanks @s4nt0s for the help, I am gonna try and unpick this myself though as it might be the footprints. I'm a bit precious over them...sorry ;)
  • Just dragging this back up - if I rename the engines again will this work? I know you sent me the renaming fix but it didn't seem to work.  I still can't get the modified engines to stay 'checked' when running SER, as soon as it runs it unchecks them and runs the old engines only. I want them to run all engines and the modified ones.