Skip to content

How much emails

@Sven if i want to register 50 accounts per site - should i use 50 emails in my project ? 

Or when accounts is registered it will take random email every time ?

I'm asking that because i see lot of errors like username or email address already registered, or email already registered and such. 

Thanks

Comments

• Yes, 50 accounts per site, you'll need at least 50 emails. Most, if not all sites, will only allow you to register one email per account. I usually throw in a few more, like 55 emails, just in case...
  • Olve1954 thank you for your answer, but if that is true then I'm confused why I'm getting too much email already registered...
  • @Sven any suggestions ? 
    I'm still getting lots of email already registered, but i have 50 emails and settings is to make 50 accounts
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    well 50 emails for 50 accounts if ok. But if some email failed or some submissions later fail the email is gone and not useable for that site. So maybe add some more emails for that.
  • @Sven i think there is some bug. I deleted all my projects and made everything fresh and now after some days of running I'm getting again lot of email registered, I even input fresh list. And for 50 account I added 60 emails...

What would you suggest to do ?
  • looplineloopline autoapprovemarketplace.com
    @Sven
    Curious, does SER keep a log of which mail address is used for which domain thus far? 

Meaning as it cycles thru and uses Email 1 to register at Domain 1 does it then log this so that when it comes back to register again at Domain 1, it knows not to use Email 1 again, or are email addresses simply chosen at random?
  • loopline if it use random then everything is clear where problem is coming, but from @Sven answer "well 50 emails for 50 accounts if ok" I understood that it logs emails used for domains. 
  • @loopline, @botman,

Yes, SER saves account login info (email, username, password, domain, etc) into .static files in the projects folder. You can also Export them to .CSV file, Modify Project -> Export -> Account Data.

• Olve1954 thank you but it still does not answers question about lot of errors in logs, do not you experience such problem ? 
  • Hi @botman, I do see those errors in my log screen, but I chose to ignore them. Every week I replace my emails (10 per project) and increase my "Max account per site".

Many things can go wrong during the registration process (internet connection, email verification etc.). SER may not have completed the registration process and therefore did not save the login info for that site and email. SER may reuse the same email (again and again) on that site, and the site will response with "email already registered".

So, to get rid of the error message, delete the current emails, and replace them with new ones...
  • Thank You for your answer Olve1954, but to delete emails and add new is not an option because how do you know that all emails is used. Basically it confuse a lot i think. 

Example I added 50 emails to project and set to make 50 accounts. so how can i know when all emails is used. ? Maybe just 10 emails is used and i delete 40 good emails... Hmmm
  • Ok @botman, I understand. If you buy your emails, you would want to use every one of them. But I buy my domains, host them, and make unlimited amount of emails. So, I can afford to delete and replace them weekly.

>how can i know when all emails is used. ?

Let's do a little calculation. There are 1440 mins a day. If you set,

Time to wait on further registration = 144 mins,

that means SER will try to make 10 registrations per day. After 7 days (a week), SER would have tried to make 70 registrations. By then it would have used all your 50 emails...
  • Olve1954 Hmm pretty interesting way to use emails, but really this could be done for one or two projects but if i have 50 projects per one SER copy then uh i have to make database to make notes when project is started and when i should change emails LOL 

Anyway i hope @Sven will come up with something better...

Thanks
  • @Sven can you please take part of this discussion ?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    well what can I add to this? @Olve1954 pretty much said all I would have done as well.
  • Hi @botman, you don't need a database, just a simple spreadsheet will do. I've 162 projects (and growing) and I replace my emails every Friday.

I've been requesting @Sven for this feature,

https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/12938/feature-request-import-emails-do-not-reuse-emails

but until he adds that feature I'm using @dmrt's utility,

https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/12863/lazyblue-tool-save-time-x10

There's nothing much @Sven can do. That message "email already registered" means that SER has already used that email to register on that site, but failed to save the login info.

If you really want to "save" that email, here's what you can do. Find out which email and which site it failed to register. Go to that site, enter that email and click on "forget password". The site will send you the correct login info. Then manually import this account info into your SER. May or may not work for all sites.

But why take the trouble. Just delete and replace your emails....
  • edited August 2014
    Hi @Botman,

as what @Olve1954 has said, you can do the calculations, save to spreadsheet, then replace emails on x days. 

After you created your ser projects, how about being able to schedule an auto-replace of emails after x days/hours? It's not currenly in ser, but it's currently on the works for LazyBlue tool. Mentioned you in LazyBlue's thread.

• Olve1954 So this is how you do - you add 10 emails and set to register 10 accounts, depending on settings you set for future registrations like you told in example above after week you just delete your old emails and set SER to register + 10 accounts - in total 20 accounts. and so on.

Did i understood you right ?
  • edited August 2014
    lots of people say on forum and even on guides "10-20 emails per project is enough"
    That is very wrong.

Scenario:
    You have 5.000 contextual unique target domains for your t1. You have 10 emails and selected 5 accounts per site. You also selected 2 posts per account and that makes 50.000 contextuals on your tier1

Now you are going to create your tier2 which will point to these 50.000 links.

Usual guides say that you need 10 emails so let's say you have only 10 emails on your t2 project. And you selected 5 accounts per site and 5 posts per account on your scheduler.

Assuming everything will be working fine, you can only have 50 accounts on each site with 5 posts on each that makes only 250 links to your tier1 from your tier2s.

I am not saying you need to post 50.000 links to your t1s from a single tier2 target domain but 250 is very low that only makes less than %1 of your total tier1.

Now you see,right? Telling someone 10 emails are enough is setting a big limit.

Olve1954 made some great points. Especially changing emails from time to time is a great idea instead of adding 500 emails at the same time.

I also strongly advice what he is doing. Make yourself a weekday. Delete all emails in your SER projects and replace them with the new ones.

Hint: You can buy $3 domain from godaddy and there are lots of $1 cpanel hosting for your email needs. :)

• Yes @botman, replace your 10 emails every week, and increase your "Maximum account per site" by 10.

But, I'm lazy. Instead of incrementing the max account by 10 every week, I just set mine to 1000 accounts. Don't worry, SER won't go and register 1000 accounts per site, coz there isn't enough emails, and you've only entered 10.

And yes @derdor, 20 emails per project is definitely not enough for me. Some accounts gets deleted or reached its max post. So by creating new accounts every week, there is a better chance for a successfully submission and verification.

Also, before I replace my emails I ususally do a "Modify Project -> Delete Unused Accounts". Those .static files where SER keeps the login info can grow very large...
  • "If you really want to "save" that email, here's what you can do. Find out which email and which site it failed to register. Go to that site, enter that email and click on "forget password". The site will send you the correct login info. Then manually import this account info into your SER. May or may not work for all sites."
    Is this not something GSA could do? automate the process, where is the setting to decide the amount of accounts to register?
  • seany123 why you copy others answer ?
  • Hi @seany123,

Yes, SER automates the registration process, and if all goes well, it will save the login info and use it for submissions. But in @botman's case, something went wrong and SER didn't complete the registration process and didn't save the login info, but it used the email on that site. So, to "save" that email, I described the manual process above, which I personally won't even take the trouble (waste time). It's easy and faster to just let those old emails go, and replace them with new ones.

Here's the setting to decide the amount of accounts to register per site (and per project),