Skip to content

End of SEO

hi guys,

while im happily ranking my sites with gsa ser with sites to post to, as someone who's only income is dependent on SEO, this worries me

Will SEO in terms of link building comes to an end?

Considerations:
Using automated software, we reply on list of websites to post links to. And increasingly, even if we can beat recaptcha and get more sites. looking at the following trend:

1. The number of users using gsa ser (or any software) is growing faster than the rate of websites to post to
2. the number of websites removing the feature "add a link" in growing due to web spam

also, it is actually easy to google to identify which sites are being spammed. for e.g., if a site is seen as having too many outing pages for links, google can easily fight this by devaluing the links from this site.

also, for sites that are spammed to death, eventually they will get millions of records in their database and crash the site. Already, without the database being filled, im seeing a lot of sites with bandwidth exceeded.

last but not least, to me (pls feel free to add on), the only sure way to ensure quality and longevity is to create your own high quality blog networks.

but such networks are expensive and if detected by google you will risk getting ur sites deindexed.

while matt cutts say link building will be important to seo for a long time to come, the prospects over the next few years seem ok, things are not in favour to us.

feel free to attack my opinion and counter measures, i would like to hear from anyone who can argue otherwise.

meantime, happy seo-ing to everyone. :) 

Comments

• Depends on what you mean I think. G will have to use some sort of algorithm to rank sites and backlinks, content, social etc and still going to be the factors. So seo will be with us for the long haul.

What they can go after are the things you mention. And why we see so many "big" domains ranking well - even for things they are barely about. Big, established sites are going to be more easily trusted no matter what the other more easily gameable signals are saying.

The war is about making the ROI for SEO bad enough that it isn't worth the risk anymore. Can G do it? I don't know.

You know the people I feel bad for are the small businesses trying to get a foot hold online. They are not big enough that their content will get them anywhere on its own. So they need some something to get somewhere but a lot of them get screwed over one way or another.Being too conservative and wasting their money or wrong strategy for no results and and get penalized now or in the near future or dumping a bunch of money into adwords for a negative roi.

SEO is working now for short term and will get harder over time - but there will always be loopholes. Or SEO is working if you are massive and G can't afford to get rid of you. In between those extremes, maybe for local but in general a lot of niches are probably dead.

Anyway, talking out of my a** :)
  • yes SEO is death for the like 1 millionth time.
    Understand this;
    The day SEO dies mean Google returning empty pages for a given query.
    As long as Search engines return results there will be SEO

• edited June 2014
    Nope, its certainly not dead.GSA stills works. PBN still works, Web 2.0s still work.  Understand the why and you will understand the how. Don't rely on anyone to give you the answer. I used to look for the easy answer but their is too much misinformation and bullshit spread on SEO forums. The only way to really know how to rank sites is getting your hands dirty and doing LOTS of testing. The guys doing really well are keeping their lips sealed.

Believe it or not, all the information you need is in Google's webmaster guidelines ;)
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    Judging by your nick name, I can only assume your a nuker, as in, you use senuke.

Yes SEO would be dead for you if your using senuke lol.
  • well that was my old nick in senuke forums then and i nuked a lot of things successful in the easy days.

i should change my nickname to hardcoreprivatenetworks now i guess. :)
  • edited June 2014

SEO will never end. Google only want quality work. So keep working for websites and do link building on good websites only

• Google wouldn't be where it is today without blackhat seo...