Skip to content

Not Ranking Even with GSA/SEREngine/LinkProcessor [Full Disclosure]

edited June 2014 in Need Help
I have a keyword I've been trying to rank and not getting anywhere with it. The monthly search volume is 3,000. Here's what I'm doing. 

Here's my GSA tiered link setup. I have Web2.0's in a separate tier because I'm testing out SEREngines.com 

Here's a crappy paint picture of what the tiered structure looks like. 

My next thought was well I'm building all of these links, maybe they're not getting indexed. I went and checked ahref's. 

I've been working on this site for about 2 months now trying to figure it all out. The number of links only increases about 10 per day. That was telling me no, my links aren't being indexed. GSA SEO Indexer is a joke. It's like built in drip feeding because it's so slow. I have it at 1000 threads. I could move it to quick indexer, but then that's even less of a chance that my links will get indexed. 

My next move was to get a decent indexing service. Based solely on the price and the fact that I'm only making 5K links a day. I decided to go with Linkprocessor.net. I wanted some way to verify that my links were getting indexed. The only thing I could think of was Scrapebox index checker. Apparently this isn't a viable solution. Google will only show links that are publicly visible.

So basically I have to build 2 of every site to compare the indexing rate. Just to verify your service is working? Talk about a blind market. How does anyone determine quality between link indexers? It's total domination as well because if your links aren't indexed everything you've done to create them is down the toilet.

Here's where I sit from serpcloud. All of my keywords/anchor text have a monthly search below 8K. 

I thought maybe I had too many anchors in GSA so I dialed it back to just 8. I have all my variations set anywhere between 5-15% on the Data tab in GSA just to give some sort of variation. 

At this point I'm either going to build so many links it gets deindexed or it will finally rank. It's been 4 weeks now. (I had to restart the GSA campaign half way through)

At 3K searches a month I don't think it matters what the keyword is, but I'll pm it to anyone who's willing to help. God knows the last thing I need is more competition.

Comments

• "The only thing I could think of was Scrapebox index checker. Apparently this isn't a viable solution. Google will only show links that are publicly visible."

Would you care to elaborate on this? Of course google can only see and index links that are publicly visible, how are they supposed to find them if they aren't visible to the public? Also, the scrapebox index checker has and is working perfectly fine for me. I don't understand what your problem with it is at all.

To be perfectly honest, I don't know much about tiered link building, I'm all about churning and burning, but I'm pretty damn sure that waiting 4 weeks is no time when you're using this approach. Give it a month or two more and then come back and say nothing is happening.

What's your anchor distribution looking like?

At last, I have to say that I spot one huge flaw in your approach to link building. You didn't test anything and are just expecting results right out the box. Ranking might just not be as straight forward as you've been lead to believe. Sure you can read about successful people talking on forums about SEO, but you don't know anything about SEO before you've gained real experience yourself, experience which is gained through testing and failing several times. I double dare you to build 10 fairly similar websites right now and doing linkbuilding slightly differently on each.
  • Ok thanks for confirming that scrapebox is the way to verify links. I got that information from the owner of linkprocessor.net who said the only way to verify that his service was working was to create a 2nd project and compare. 

I can't show my anchor distribution without showing my keywords. I'm not that desperate yet. I keep it all between 5%-15% on the data tab. Like you said I'll give it some more time then when I decide to give up I'll post everything. 

I think that's my part of my problem. I don't have a concrete plan to provide variations from. I just gather information from forums and individuals I think know what they're talking about and make my judgement call. 

Boy am I learning now. 
  • Oh I understand now, the linkprocessor guy wants you to compare indexing results of two projects, one with his indexer and one without it. That sure makes sense.

"I keep it all between 5%-15% on the data tab. Like you said I'll give it some more time then when I decide to give up I'll post everything. " - I still have no idea what this means. Are you saying that you're using each keyword with 5-15%? That's waaay too much in my opinion unless you want to burn your site.

You definitely don't need any plan to make variations from. On one site you can build 3 tiers limited in links/day, on another you can try spamming the shit out of your first tier, on another one you can do 10 T1 verified backlinks a day, on another build 100 verified T1 backlinks a day, try focusing on only dofollow links on one, and don't care about do- and nofollow on another. Change up the anchor distribution as well, try 301 redirects, try SAPE, try throwing pr and obl filters out the window.

See how easy it is to make variations to your link building? Try to just change one variable at a time and you should get an idea of what's happening once results starts coming in.

I'll try it again, I triple dare you to make 10 websites right now and test stuff out. It's the only way you're ever going to be continously successful. Get off the forums and start really learning instead of just reading.
  • "I'll try it again, I triple dare you to make 10 websites right now and test stuff out. It's the only way you're ever going to be continously successful. Get off the forums and start really learning instead of just reading."

Challenge accepted. 
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited June 2014
    If you read up about onpage SEO you could most likely hit the top 30 - 100 (for a medium comp keyword) with a brand new page/site before you've even built a single link. That is where I'd start, as there's no point building links to a site that isn't properly optimised to start with (although a lot of people do, for some reason).

Also, without meaning to bash anyone's service, there's no need to compare projects in order to see if your indexing service is working. Either the links are getting indexed or they aren't, and that's what you're paying for the service to do?

As said, you can check your indexing by using scrapebox, but always 'live link check' the urls before you do an indexing check, as otherwise you might get some false negatives.

That said, you need to understand that even the best indexing service in the world isn't going to get pages indexed that are built on domains that are themselves de-indexed, or content that isn't up to a certain level of uniqueness. So you need to bear that in mind too.
  • edited June 2014
    I will not bash your indexing service (directly) either, but I STRONGLY suggest you get a different one.
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    edited June 2014
    @silverdot Change indexing service or don't use one at all, you're better off getting up, pulling what ever it is you pay for your linkprocessor subscription account out of your wallet and burning it.

I can not believe the bs the guy states about google actually secretly indexing your links, that is a pathetic excuse to shy down at the obvious fact that his indexing service is a pile of shite to put it bluntly, I'm so ashamed for him, on his behalf LOL. I cringe everyime he says that type of bs and I cringe further when his customers just take that bs as gospel.

My service actually gets your links indexed, so when you check within scrapebox, it actuallys stats 'Yes' rather than 'NO' lolol, but thats self promotion and isn't allowed. apologies.

anyway, sure, a crawled backlink possibly gives a little weight/juice but it is by no means indexed, full juice only passes through indexed links.

Indexing service aside, I agree with @2take2 on the basis of making sure your links are good enough to be indexed and if the backlink is on a good/decent already indexed domain, you cant get a backlink indexed if it is coming from a domain that has been penalised and is deindexed itself, to add, I've seen domains that just take a lot more time to get indexed simply because they have a zillion indexed links already.

When index checking, as 2take2 said, always check the links first to see if it is actually alive, if the url has been moderated and has deleted the page, scrapebox will report that like simply as not indexed, but this isn't the case, it has been deleted and you can't index a page that does not exist.

I on the other hand, dont mind slating the guys service, Ive paid for an account, I've tested it out and the only USP he has, are those circles that indiicate when a campaign has been finished and I believe they are fake too, there probably on a automatic timer. Lol.
  • edited June 2014
    @Tim89 You're right. I used scrapebox to check the indexing on 10K links. Barely 10% of them were indexed. These links were submitted a few days ago. I wish I knew the name of the owner here on the GSA forum. I'd call him out personally and ask what's up. He responded on my thread on BHW and I can't wait to hear his response. 

Just so we're on the same page. I re-verified the links is GSA then submitted them in scrapebox. If the link wasn't live it said "Not Found" the rest said "Not Indexed" Not much more I could of done (that I know of) to verify. 

I realize I suck at ranking and SEO it doesn't change the fact that someone offers a service and right now it's not performing. Some people think I'm calling this guy out. I'm just holding him accountable for his service. Next project I start you're up to bat Tim. Your service is expensive, but if it provides the value. I'm sold for life and I'll be your biggest cheerleader.  

I don't understand. Provide a service that does what you promise and you keep a customer. Especially with something as vital as indexing links. All of your work is pointless if the links aren't indexed. Lesson learned on my part.