Skip to content

Proxies passing SB test but not GSA

edited December 2012 in Need Help
Hi all, new user here. I purchased 10 semi dedicated proxies from proxy-hub the other day, and tried to use them with GSA. I loaded them up and tested them and they all failed. I tried loading them a variety of different ways (copied from clipboard, loaded from file, etc.) and got the same result.
I thought the proxies were probably just crappy, but I wanted to make sure, so I tested them in SB and they all passed with flying colors. 

Are there any tricks to loading proxies in GSA, or something I may be doing wrong? Any idea why these proxies aren't working?

Thank you, loving the program so far. 
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Try to test them the same way as you do in other software. The default test uses bing.com and a test string like "microsoft". Maybe your proxies are blocked there.
  • Have tried a variety of sites... google, yahoo, stuff like that. Still am not having any luck. Surely they couldn't be blocked on all those sites? That seems like a big coincidence. Maybe I am somehow just missing something.
    are the proxies with login/password?
  • Yeah, does that cause a known issue?
    well no, but you must make sure you see login:password@host on the screen at least
  • In the file I was given with the proxies, they are listed like:

PROXY:PORT:USERNAME:PASSWORD

so I select the "add host.port.login.password from file" option.

I load them up, make sure they are all checked, then I get this screen:

I really have no idea what is going on. 
  • could this happen when port 80 is blocked? CS for instance uses this port.

just a guess and don't know if relevant at all though.

hmm no port 80 is not the problem as it is not opening a server port. Must be something else. Maybe the program is blocked by firewall or anti virus?

• LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Im using their proxies without any issue on port 80

There was a bad period over a couple of hours when about ten dropped out. But they came back within an hour yesterday

About the best proxies I have used

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    How are you testing the proxies to be working? 
  • Just ran it through with the firewall turned off, and shut off all antivirus programs. 

Also tried disabling my captcha for the heck of it, and that didn't help either. 

@GlobalGoogler I have tested these proxies using Scrapebox, and they all passed.

@Sven all I should have to do is just open "options" click "manage proxies" and then load proxies from my file, right? 

Ugh...
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne
    Are you running the tests on the same machine. GSA and scrapebox both installed on the same computer?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Have a look at this thread...it has a different string you can test the proxies on 
  • Thank you everyone for your help. Unfortunately I can't say exactly what the problem was so that others may be able to find help in this thread, but I did load up GSA on a VPS today and loaded the proxies in, and they all tested fine. Must have been something on my end. 

Thanks again everyone! 
  • I have the same problem , I moved GSA 2 days ago from a vps to a new more powerful dedicated server, both located in the same data center.
    Before moving it , I had 50 paid proxies + around 1000 free proxies identified by GSA.
    Now, on my dedicated, every morning I see 0 proxies because  GSA has disabled all proxies during the night ( "disabled upon use" is the message I think) . GSA is not working properly anymore and I have no idea what is the environment difference between vps and dedicated. Both of them are Win XP.
    Any suggestion is highly appreciated, I don't want to switch again, that would be stupid, I need to make it working on this dedicated server !