Skip to content

8.53 Not Releasing Threads

BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
Hey @Sven, in 8.53 running the scheduler...I just opened my servers and 5 of them had 0 submitted and 0 verified for the day (14 hours). There were 4 threads for 1 campaign running.

These servers do about 200k submissions and 150k verifieds per day.

I have noticed this issue a long time ago but you fixed it. I only started noticing it with 8.53, 8.5x seems to be good.

Comments

• Ya takes a long time to close out threads in current version for me too
  • soIOsoIO United States
    Confirm. Not releasing for me as well
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Sven's on vacation until the 10th: https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/11450/gsa-sven-on-holiday-1st-june-10th-of-june#latest

Just putting that here in case you didn't know so you don't expect a response soon.
  • Now i keep backups of all GSA versions. I am still running v8.48 and it is pretty amazing.
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    Thanks @S4nt0s, didn't know that.
  • @umerjutt00 problem with 8.48 is the proxy leak issue. My ISP nearly shut off my connection bc so many spam reports.
  • @seoaddict Well I use VPN for running GSA. 1000 times Better then proxies and works great :) So v8.48 rocks for me.
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    @umerjutt00 doesn't the VPN just give you a single new IP and then you rotate it? Most of use need a lot more than a single new IP.
  • I have the same issue. GSA is not releasing all threads.
  • @Brandon You are right. But I have mostly use my own lists and for that, VPN do the job. BTW, if you select all the search engines and set wait time between search queries to 60 sec, the IP will not get banned from SE that fast.

I usually renew the IP after every 5-6 hours.
  • @umerjutt00, aren't you burning your IP very quickly? I used to have problems with google while using 100 dedicated proxies and around 60 wait time.

Also, aren't you left wide open to the world while changing IP? I'd be worried about spam complaints in your shoes.
  • edited June 2014
    Same problem here, SER is not releasing threads till the point i really have to do a complete shutdown true CTRL + ALT + DELETE, seems to freeze up, thought  it was my VPS but seeing that other people have the same problems i'll wait for the solution when @sven is back. 
  • I am getting the internal error 9091, what was that ?
  • It's a contact admin as GSA error only they know what it means.

• umerjutt00  care to share how many threads are you running using the vpn and switching ip every 5-6 hours?