Skip to content

Is there a way to use ONLY the targets that I bring in?

edited November 2012 in Need Help

The question cover's it.  I'd like to import a list of scuttle sites and post to those ONLY.

...not built in sites......no scraping.

On that last item, I know to turn off all of the scraping engines in the project.

Comments

• what do you mean with "not built in sites"? just activate scuttle only and deactivate SEs as well as "use global site lists" and "analyse and post to competitors backlinks".
  • I'm more confused than usual.

I'm thinking that "global sites" are the ones that GSA knows about. I suspect it knows some as it is installed.

This raises an inner question: Does the global site list of project C have access to sites discovered by the scraping of project A and project B?

How then, do I tell GSA what sites I want it to post to

Currently, I only have the list in my clipboard to paste into a textbox or a file as necessary.  Surely, GSA is not psychic.

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    the program comes with no sites. During operation it can keep the found sites in mind and use them for other projects if you enabled the options to do so.
  • Thanks I have tried to test lists, but I convinced myself that new URLs were appearing.
    Steps to post only to sites that I have deduced:
    1. activate those engine types only
    2. deactivate all SE for scraping
    3. deactivate "use global site lists"
    4. deactivate "analyse and post to competitors backlinks"
    5. At the bottom of the project settings->"settings" pane: 
      1. Press the "Tools" button and "Import Target URLs" either by file or clipboard.

• 1-4. seems to be OK.
    5. right click project -> modify -> delete target url cache
    6. right click project -> import target urls -> from file
  • edited December 2012
    Ooooh, good point to delete target URL cache Ozz.  I still stick to explicitly showing where "Tools" is for future noobs who try this recipe. In the project settings, do the following:
    1. activate those engine types only   (in the "where to submit" pane)
    2. deactivate all SE for scraping (in the "Options" tab, right click in "Search Engines to Use" and "Select None")
    3. deactivate "use global site lists"
    4. deactivate "analyse and post to competitors backlinks"
    5. right click project -> modify -> delete target url cache
    6. At the bottom of the project settings->"settings" pane: (Press the "Tools" button and "Import Target URLs" either by file or clipboard)

Also, I stick by "by file or clipboard" as I use the clipboard to paste them in.