Skip to content

Best Practice for Anchor Text Distribution

edited November 2012 in Need Help
What is the best practice for anchor text distribution ?

The anchor text, secondary and generic anchor text is used in the resource box / about me. Right ?

How many links are placed ?

I have 1 main anchor text and about 3k secondary anchor text that I pulled out of the log which are the search terms that was used when a user visited my site.

So if I set for example 15% for secondary anchor text and 15% for generic anchor text, I'm assuming that the balance of 70% will go to main anchor text.

What would be a relatively good percentage setting for the secondary anchor text and generic anchor text ?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Regards....

Comments

• thanks sir for the assist. I tried searching the forum BUT the search results are not exactly optimal and it could literally take all day weeding out through the search results.
  • can anybody provide example of proper anchor text distribution? exact = phrase match or exact keyword, secondary = synonym phrase match or exact match?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

anchor text should be the keyword you want to rank your site for like "software"

secondary anchor text should be a text containing your anchor but in a variation like "best software here"

• thanks for answer, Sven! It exact scheme I used before (20% exact anchor, 15% partial match + phrase match), but i was unable to rank sites using it. After checking ubertoolz videos I decided to select few root keywords (synonyms, popular keyword forms) and use only that keywords with modifiers. Example : 

New ideas on 'software'
    'software' programming - Updates
    'New software' for dummies
    etc.

So no exact keyword used in anchors, only old links have exact anchor. I see some site improvements but still not enough.