Skip to content

scrape urls with footprints and keyworks

edited November 2012 in Need Help
hello sven,

i want to scrape urls with keywords and footprints in advanced settings. how can i do that?
i know it's possible to do that with footprints, but not with keywords.

thanks for your response, have a nice day.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well you can add footprints and than add your keyword t it in the same line!? Of course if your keywords a lot you need to automate that somehow, but thats not included in the program.
  • thanks for your response sven.

can you please add this feature ?
    I can, but don't expect th handle a list of thousands of keywords and combine them with the loaded footprints in 0seconds.
    just added this function and next update will have it.
  • OzzOzz
    edited November 2012
    "merge footprints with keywords from file" should be usefull addition to this option.
  • Nice Sven, You rock.
    ;)
  • Awesome feature! Funny thing I was about to post elaborate post about this and ask for a feature but we have it. :) ATM I'm doing this manually but the moment you add option to "force" GSA SER to use "Merge footprints with keywords it will be autopilot"... Yeeeeeah! :) Can you also make an option not to be conditional, but when we select that to use ONLY and search ONLY with footprints + keywords? Awesome for targeted backlinking... :)
  • I've got new version but it does not work this Ozz and me have thought about...

I thought that option will merge footprints with keywords (from keywords field) and completely override your setting from .ini files that says "add keyword to search = 2"... I know that it is similar setting as to "Always use keywords to find target sites" but what would be setting to ALWAYS USE footprint (from engine file) and keyword (from keywords field), and use those ALWAYS.

Would that be possible?
  • OzzOzz
    edited November 2012
    Actually I thought you requested the feature for the "search online for URL" scraper in 
    options -> advanced -> tools.
    And that was added in the latest update.
  • OzzOzz
    edited November 2012
    @LWD: SER use always a footprint for searching??!!
    it just don't add a keyword every time or never (for some platform types) unless you checked "always use keywords.."
  • Yes I can see that, but I've seen in .ini file "add keyword to search" and read what 0, 1 and 2 does...

Actually exactly as you said, it just on some platform types it adds it (sometimes, just as explained in manual, I've seen that), but is it possible to override that condition that's actually "sometimes"...

So that's not ALWAYS.

Is it possible just to add option for that to be ALWAYS? :)
    you got that option already. It's called "always use keywords.." as Ozz pointed it out. It's in project options.
  • just to make it clear. SER uses every time a footprint for searching. otherwise it wouldn't make sense because you won't find much for the platforms you are targeting with keywords only.
  • Oh right right right... Riiiightt.... Sorry.. I get it now after reading for the 5th time... :) Thank you guys!

P.S.: I really need to get some sleep...