Skip to content

Howcome i cant see the change log before upgrading?

edited November 2012 in Need Help
Is there a copy of the changelog somewhere? The change log for GSA does not show the latest updates unless i actually upgrade. This is kind of senseless. Why would i have to upgrade first? I would like to see what changes have been made throughout the versions before upgrading. Please fix this so the change log reflects all updates up until the last one even if you have not upgraded to the latest version.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    edited November 2012
    The way it is working now on our server does not give you the changes before update. Sorry for now you have to live with this.
  • edited November 2012
    Ok so everyone, dont upgrade because you dont now what Sven is giving you in the next update. He wont tell you whats in that update until you update.

• I understand your problem, and that could be solved with a simple thread here in the forum. but still what is the big deal on updating, 99.9% of times its corrections and upgrades that improve GSA, and the other 0.01% are switfy corrected on the next update.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    @mikie46, just don't update than. Noone forces you to do so. I can as well stop updating the software to make you completely happy!?
  • OzzOzz
    edited November 2012
    plus you can always roll back to previous version and backup the installation file of that previous version you'll find in 
    C:\Program Files (x86)\GSA Search Engine Ranker\Search_Engine_Ranker_old.exe
    in case you want to roll back to an even older version which was running stable for you.
  • edited November 2012
    It should be my determination if i decide to update. So why all the snotty remarks? Seriously, iv never seen software that cannot display a change log for interested parties either prominently displayed on the site somewhere or in the software itself.

Also, its one thing if these updates were not causing issues, its another if they are therefore i wish to choose when to upgrade based on the upgrade (changelog). Is that too much to ask?

Thanks Ozz. Its the best answer so far but i cant say its one im satisfied with.