Skip to content

Keep getting 'Download Failed (Proxy:)'

Why do I keep getting this error during posting? I've set everything accordingly but keep on getting this. What should I do?

1. 25 private proxies for posting only
2. All good in GSA and Scrapebox
3. 150 threads, 180 timeout
4. Proxies set to private

Help!

Comments

• penumbrapenumbra Antarctica
    Same here https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/10961/getting-download-failed-error-messages-on-gsa-ser
    I still think it's proxies i buy them from BuyProxies.org
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Double click on that entry in log and if the page loads fine in browser, it's a proxy issue, else it's the site being down.
  • @Sven, I tried switching off my proxies for submission and it works better now. Was wondering if it is okay if I just do submission without proxies? What would happen if I do so? I've heard that my IP might be banned but I don't get the idea behind it. For example, if I keep on visiting gsa-online.de over and over again, why would you want to ban me?
    We at GSA would not ban you. But search engines or your internet provider if you do spammy things with it and they don't like it.
  • Nope, its happening with other proxy providers. Its bug and when is SVEN going to look into this?

I was running BP and changed today. Im getting the same error message with the other provider. proof that this is a GSA issue and not a proxy issue. So Sven, when are you going to fix this?
    this thread is very old and you reactivate it out of nothing. I don't see anything more getting fixed on this. Post your error message and details of problems you have and I might point you to the right direction.
  • I am also getting the exact same problem...
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    It is not a SER bug.

It is a proxy issue, different providers set their proxies up differently, I've tested buyproxy proxies to another service that I've recently changed over to, the results are much better, with the new provider I have switched to I'm able to increase my threads higher than with my old buyproxy proxies with minimal errors.

Don't get me wrong, I still see the odd download failed: Proxy error but not as much.

I'd be happy to share my new provider if you want to test them out for yourselves, just PM me.