Skip to content

newbie questions about global lists

edited November 2012 in Need Help

Hello. I am new here and I have another basic questions that can help me and i am sure also others.

About Global site lists:

1. As i understand the script will use all text files that are inside the folders that are defined in Options -> advanced?

Will it use it all or only these that are marked? Like verified or submitted, etc ?

2. If i want to manually add sites i can just put there any text file or it must be the same name of the files i have there? For example sitelist_Article-Moodle.txt or I can just put in a folder any text file with tons of sites urls?

3. When I mark a project to use Gloabal site list, it will still try to find new sites using the keywords? Where it will post to first? from the site list database or finding new sites?

4. I see people here talkign about ScareBox software. Do i need to buy this software in order to find more sites? or I can just use your tool to find new sites or find new site lists online?

5. What is SL (site list) files? These are different than txt files as i can see. If i want to import new sites it must be SL file? is this a standard for your script only or all scripts standard? how can i read these files?

6. When I choose remove duplicated, it removes it from my whole database of all text files i mentioned on the first point?

Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• OzzOzz
    edited November 2012
    1) all checked folders in random order

2) right click project -> import list from file is the fastest way to import and indentify platform. there is no need to sort them before. 
    another way is to use "import URLs and identify" in Options -> Advanced -> Tools

3) IIRC then it will 9 out of 10 times search online for new targets. if you want to use global list only than you have to uncheck all search engines and check "use global site list". to use just global site list in a single session you have the option to set the project status to "Active (use global site list only)" when right clicking project -> status

4) scrapebox is not needed for beginners. just make sure that you have added enough keywords to your project and SER will do the rest. also make sure to check some additional search engines

5) i don't know which files you mean exactly. if you want to import URLs by yourself they only need to be in txt-format with "http://" or "https://" in front of every url

6) remove duplicates will remove duplicate urls in your site lists

as you are new here please take your time and check out the videos as well as the faq. also make sure to make use of "popular tags" which are shown on the lower right site of the front page to find topics/threads you might find interesting.