Skip to content

VPS for GSA

Just wonder if 1GB of RAM is enough to run GSA on? I will only have 2 projects at most running 24/7 and also Scrapebox occasionally too.

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    edited April 2014
    I think 1GB would be a big stretch. SER can use up to 2GB+ and then you have SB too.
    I would say minimum 2GB ideally.

• Sorry, forgot to mention, this would be on a VPS. I would have GSA running pretty much all the time but Scrapebox only occasionally. I could even shut down GSA while I'm running Scrapebox. So, if we're just talking about GSA, is 1GB enough with just 1 or 2 projects running?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited April 2014

I cringe at the thought of running GSA+CB with only 2GB RAM, so I think 1GB is crazy. Whether 2 projects or 10 or 100, RAM usage will probably be fairly close, as most here would use scheduler anyway with a setting of maybe 10 projects at a time. And even with that it can easily climb over 1GB.

So my advice would be you can try, but I doubt that it will work. And definitely not together with SB. Even by itself, I think it will fail. Don't forget you have a draw on RAM with the operating system as well.

• Hey, thanks for the advice. Looks like running GSA on 1GB is definitely not a good idea.
  • MorphManMorphMan British Expat lost in S.E Asia
    @ron, I use the 768 MB ram package from www.host-stage.net, never had any issues. I run at 100 threads with around 6 projects running 24/7. I even pushed to 200 threads still okay. Plus got no hands proxies running and CS. I monitored the system process and very very rarely does it spike to 100%., I think for a basic VPS it does the job! of course if your looking to get all hardcore with GSA SER you'll need something a bit more powerful IMO.