Skip to content

Improving the Efficiency of GSA SER [Feature Request]

2»

Comments

• need to digest all of the information. I learn better visually so your planned videos will definitely help out a struggling GSA SER user.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @dmtaylor247-

Use <a href="%random_url%">%random_anchor_text%</a> as many times as you wish it will have a random anchor and random url but from any of the multi tier campaigns you pick, <a href="%random_url%">%random_sanchor_text%</a> will choose a secondary anchor to make it even it more random... correct me if I'm wrong...??

It's only <a href=%url%>%anchor_text%</a> that you could use once per article and it was pulling the same anchor and url hence the request...

I believe that's correct. That's how I'm using it. 
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

For the latest version you might as well use %anchor_text% and %url% in one content field (e.g. Article) more than once and it tries to use different URLs/anchors everywhere. 

I think I forgot to mention it in the change log.

• @senty4love

"that's why i dont use these tokens in articles..these tokens take anchor
    text from whatever you have specified in achor text field..and thus
    they most of the time dont fit in the sentence.."

Exactly... plus atm you can not randomized the placement of the links within the article. Unless you provide multiple articles to submit and each article has a token placed on different part of the article.

"For tier1 links..I just use one link in article [and that is embeded in
    the sentence so that i can control percentage of anchor as well as flow
    of sentence]"

How you manage to do this ? with hand carving the article.

Do you use a content builder like WAC ?
  • @sven

"For the latest version you might as well use %anchor_text% and
    %url% in one content field (e.g. Article) more than once and it tries to
    use different URLs/anchors everywhere. 

I think I forgot to mention it in the change log."

so there is no need to use:

%random_url%

%random_anchor_text%

%random_sanchor_text%

Not really no. Unless you plan to not use %url% or %anchor_text% but only another random one alone.
  • thank you sir for your time and response :)
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - "For the latest version you might as well use %anchor_text% and %url% in one content field (e.g. Article) more than once and it tries to use different URLs/anchors everywhere. I think I forgot to mention it in the change log."

I have 1 anchor text in my project settings and 10 secondary anchor texts.
    So if I have:
    "I like %anchor_text% and %anchor_text%, as well as %anchor_text%." 

1) Does it look at secondary anchors as well OR will it only use the 1 anchor text again and again?
    2) So we don't need to have "%random_anchor_text%" now as the program does it automatically?
    3) When I run this in the test window, it fills "%anchor_text%" with the URL when it uses the domain. so it reads:
    "I like URL1 and URL1, as well as URL1." - maybe it's just the test window settings again. 
    4) If I have the token "%random_anchor_text%" in the test window, it is pulling through my 
    macro variable for the anchor. so it reads "I like spinfile-<filename> and like ..." (Again, not sure if it's the test window or actually writing this)

Just trying to get this all clarified before I roll it out across the various projects. 

OR must I place

1) this might not work as you didn't use %url% in the same contect. A new anchor text is used only if the %url% macro has been used as well before. 

2) Yes but you need to have used %url% and %anchor_text% once in the same field.

3) Yes thats only on test. 

4) Just test, and next version should fix this as well.

• @sven

question on your replies.

On #1

so %anchor_text% and %url% are used as pairs to make %anchor_text% pick random anchor text.
    Right ?

how about for %random_anchor_text% and %random_sanchor_text% ? Does it need to pair up with %random_url% to make the randomness work ? Based on the macro name I guess it will always be random.

yes, the random_url/random_anchor is always random.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    edited December 2012
    @sven - Does it look at secondary anchors as well? So if I have %anchor_text% and %url%, it will also use secondary anchors for the anchor text token? 
  • edited December 2012
    Well I'm really confused from lots of comments here! , I just want to use %anchor_text% and %url% in the articles and I want them to get random links and anchors.

In the same time I want them to obey my settings of 30 % randon generic anchors and 30 % of random secondary anchors. And I want this to be working in all tiers.

Is it working like this now ? or am I missing something ?

Please clarify.

• @mamadou

the macros we have used here allows you to control the placement of your anchor text and target URL links. if you do not use the macros anywhere in your article then GSA will do it for you and attached it in the bottom of your article using the percentage that you have expressed otherwise it will NOT if you use the token anywhere.
  • @sootedninjas

Thanks for the clarifications , So to get the percentage of randomization I explained in the previous post I must leave the article empty with no tokens ?!!

And if I use the macros I will be on my own to manage the percentage of generic anchors , secondary anchors ..etc , did I get that right ?

If yes , then I guess this must be improved a lot in SER. The links when thrown at the bottom they look very very spammy. It's much easier to use the regular %anchor_text% and %url% and make them obey my settings and percentages of randomization. I believe sven must concentrate on this a lot since it's very important to properly randomize our anchors post penguin AND in the same time keep the links inside the text. This is much more important than any other upcoming updates IMO.
  • edited December 2012
    that is right to my understanding.

it is just 1 of the important aspects BUT there are others that are just as important. I've talk to @sven about it too BUT as with everyone else he has to prioritize what needs to be done unless enough people makes the same request.

But for the meantime the tool is so flexible that you can make the adjustment yourself.

You just need to place 1st link in the body spinning %random_anchor_text% and %random_sanchor_text%,
    2nd link in the "About Yourself" which is also the resource box using generic anchor text and the 3rd link using the domain anchor text as the naked URL. All links will have an href of %random_url%.

This combination will satisfy the 33% ratio. For the primary anchor text tho I like it around 11% so the 1st link your need to spin it with {%random_anchor_text%|%random_sanchor_text%|%random_sanchor_text%} so the 33% for that set is further divided into 11% each therefore primary gets 11% and secondary gets 22%.

To add confusion to the madness :)
  • edited December 2012
    @sootedninjas

Yeah! , Your last comment added more confusion to me! : ) , but I appreciate your help.

Well , can you give me an example just to make sure that I understand this correctly ?

In magic submitter as an example I simply put my keyword in the anchor field then I hit the randomize button and bingo i'm all set and ready to go. As an example , if my keyword is (used cars) , I put it in the field and I hit "randomize anchor" button and the program generates this automatically :
    {used cars|used cars|used cars|used cars websites|auto trader|carmax|used honda cars|used cars yahoo|[genanchor]|[genanchor]|[genanchor]}

1- My keyword ( used cars ) : 33 %
    2- Secondary anchors : 33 %
    3- generic anchors : 33 %

After filling all the required info in the GSA SER project including anchors / secondary anchors / use generic anchors 33 % ..etc.

What is the exact anchor macros code that I should use in my articles in this case with SER to achieve the same results ?

Edit : Also please note that I want to add 2 links in the article body and I want them to be 2 different random links and NOT the same links.

• that is the difference between MS and GSA SER, With MS the flexibility is limited and you are cap to whatever they want for you to use.

With GSA SER, you become MS and NOT a user of MS. If that even makes sense.

You can design your own strat on how to use GSA SER effectively for your own purpose. Albeit it is so flexible that it requires a little learning curve BUT if you understand how to use it effectively then it becomes a very powerful tool.

I'll get back to you for the other part of the question.
  • edited December 2012
    What's going on here????

Sven..can u plz update how many macros are there that we can use in articles? along with explanation..its getting really confusing..

also if %url% can pick up random urls multiple times in  the same article..what is the use of %random_url%
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - as per @senty4love - if %url% can pick up random urls multiple times in  the same article..what is the use of %random_url%. Does %url% also need the %anchor_text% to change? 

(since you said "A new anchor text is used only if the %url% macro has been used as well before.) When is a new %URL% used?
  • edited December 2012
    @sootedninjas

I agree that GSA SER is a wonderful tool that has lots of useful features you will not find in MS. But MS is much more powerful when it comes to QUALITY links.

Anyway , I hope that somebody will tell me how to properly insert the links with the formula I explained above in an easy way with no complex macros.

@sven

Can I set the project options to use secondary anchors 33 % and generic anchors 33 % and main anchors 33 % then I simply put <a href=”%url%”>%anchor_text%</a> in my article two times ?

The PDF macro guide (which is very bad and confusing btw ) says that I will get the same url / anchor two times if I do this , is it still working the same or that was changed/updated ?

OR

Should I ignore all the project settings!!! and do it manually with something like this ?

<a href=”%random_url%”>{%random_anchor_text%|%random_anchor_text%|%random_anchor_text%|secondary LSA anchor 1|secondary LSA anchor 2|secondary LSA anchor 3|secondary LSA anchor 4|secondary LSA anchor 5|secondary LSA anchor 6|GENERIC Anchor 1|GENERIC Anchor 2|GENERIC Anchor 3}</a>

Which one to use? the first method or the second method ? if both are wrong! what is the correct method ?

( give straight forward example plz based on the formula I previously mentioned to avoid even more confusion!)

Thank you in advance.

Edit : Do you have a macro for Generic Anchors & Secondary Anchors ? if yes , what are they ?

%url% and %anchor_text% is turning to the behavior of %random_url% and %random_anchor_text% if these two have been used once in the article.

• edited December 2012
    @Sven

Thank you , but you didn't answer my questions!.

1- If i set the project settings then I use <a href=”%url%”>%anchor_text%</a> in my articles , will i get the formula that I want ? ( 33 % main anchors , 33% secondary anchors , 33% generic anchors )

2- Do you have a macro or a token for Generic Anchors & Secondary Anchors ? if yes , what are they ?

Your help is appreciated.
  • edited December 2012
    @mamadou

MS is not even close.

GSA SER, Just like any other tool you have to know how to use it. Scrape up good platforms and it will give you good links.

you have to read the thread discussions because the question you have has been answered. if you still do not get it then what can I say. And all of you questions have been answered.

Sven is NOT here to babysit your strategy. He has more important priorities like making the app a much effective software. He gave you the tool then you have to figure out how to use it.
  • edited December 2012
    @sootedninjas

GSA SER is a wonderful tool and It will be the best tool on the market after the platform trainer is out. But right now it's not for tier 1 links at least with my strategy. This is my own strategy & my own opinion and you don't have to agree with it. I think you can live with that. right?

I thought you said that you are going to comeback to answer my question!.

Anyway, I'm not the only one who got confused after reading the FULL thread & the pdf macro guide. And also I'm not the only one who got questions about this. Remember this forum is for GSA SER users so the community can benefit from each other and so people can ask questions and get some help from helpful & polite people like sven or any other contributors.

If you don't even know the answer or if you simply don't want to help that's ok but stop being rude and keep your mouth shut.

>1- If i set the project settings then I use <a href=”%url%”>%anchor_text%</a> in my articles , will i get the formula that I want ? ( 33 % main anchors , 33% secondary anchors , 33% generic anchors )

Yes on that first %url% and %anchor_text% it will use this according to your settings. The rest will be just a random url or anchor text.

> 2- Do you have a macro or a token for Generic Anchors & Secondary Anchors ? if yes , what are they ?

%spinfile-generic_anchor_text.dat%

%random_sanchor_text%

• @Sven

Thank you for the clarification. I appreciate it.

GSA SER is really a very powerful advanced tool that can be highly customized to one needs unlike MS and the other tools you are some how limited. You just need an advanced Platform trainer to take the lead of the seo tools market hands down. And I know you will.
  • Wow, all the different Macros are getting confusing.  I wish there was simpler way to manage it all.  Like ALWAYS follow the percentages set forth, regardless of Macro used.  Then maybe a few options as to the placement of the links (either at bottom, embedded in-content, etc...)  A simpler way to manage the links would make things much simpler, and clear a lot of the confusion.