Skip to content

Can Someone Please Tell me What this Means?

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
edited December 2023 in Need Help
Hi, everyone. I have a list set. this what I am seeing, though. Confused.. Why is nothing happening? No attempts to post are being made at all. Any help greatly appreciated! thank you!

15:53:32: [ ] Loaded 1/834 URLs from site lists
15:53:34: [ ] Loaded 1/834 URLs from site lists
15:53:36: [ ] Loaded 1/1112 URLs from site lists
15:53:38: [ ] Loaded 3/834 URLs from site lists
15:53:42: [ ] Loaded 1/1112 URLs from site lists
15:53:44: [ ] Loaded 1/834 URLs from site lists
15:53:46: [ ] Loaded 1/1112 URLs from site lists
15:53:48: [ ] Loaded 8/834 URLs from site lists
15:53:50: [ ] Loaded 2/834 URLs from site lists
15:53:52: [ ] Loaded 1/556 URLs from site lists
15:53:54: [ ] Loaded 1/1112 URLs from site lists
15:53:57: [ ] Loaded 4/1390 URLs from site lists
15:54:01: [ ] Loaded 7/834 URLs from site lists
15:54:05: [ ] Loaded 1/556 URLs from site lists
15:54:07: [ ] Loaded 6/834 URLs from site lists
15:54:09: [ ] Loaded 2/1112 URLs from site lists
15:54:11: [ ] Loaded 4/834 URLs from site lists
15:54:14: [ ] Loaded 0/556 URLs from site lists
15:54:22: [ ] Loaded 6/834 URLs from site lists
15:54:41: [ ] Loaded 2/1112 URLs from site lists
15:54:43: [ ] Loaded 1/834 URLs from site lists
15:54:45: [ ] Loaded 6/834 URLs from site lists
15:54:49: [ ] Loaded 6/1112 URLs from site lists
15:54:51: [ ] Loaded 2/834 URLs from site lists
15:54:55: [ ] Loaded 7/834 URLs from site lists
15:54:59: [ ] Loaded 1/556 URLs from site lists
15:55:03: [ ] Loaded 2/834 URLs from site lists
15:55:07: [ ] Loaded 3/1112 URLs from site lists
15:55:09: [ ] Loaded 1/834 URLs from site lists
15:55:11: [ ] Loaded 4/834 URLs from site lists
15:55:14: [ ] Loaded 8/834 URLs from site lists

Comments

• hi mate,

I remember your messages from 2017 and 2018, and I see that you're still asking some beginner-level questions. I'm curious, why is that?

I'm more than happy to help, but if you had dedicated enough time to fully understand this program, you could have made much more progress by now.

Let's begin with the basics.

Where do you obtain your list from?
    Is it a sourced, identified, or verified list, or is it obtained through scraping?
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited December 2023
    Hi, Malcolm.
    "I remember your messages from 2017 and 2018, and I see that you're still asking some beginner-level questions. I'm curious, why is that?"
    I don't know. I realize that some of my questions are really basic. :confused: I definitely have many gaps in my understanding, but I do understand a lot of how SER works, otherwise.

I do feel frustrated that I didn't do better with this. :worried:
    My list is from GSASERList. I use the Verified list, usually.
    As I understood it, when SER is using engines with SEs, and there are matches, SER iterates through all the targets found that match. But what is it doing with a global list like above?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    If you see no submission  after the URLs have been pulled from the site lists, then most likely they have been submitted before or SER is not allowed to submit there for now (e.g. scheduled posting needs to wait xyz minutes before doing so).
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
    ahhhh...I see. I didn't consider either scenario. Makes sense now.
    Thanks, Sven.
  • Deeeeeeee said:
    Hi, Malcolm.
    "I remember your messages from 2017 and 2018, and I see that you're still asking some beginner-level questions. I'm curious, why is that?"
    I don't know. I realize that some of my questions are really basic. :confused: I definitely have many gaps in my understanding, but I do understand a lot of how SER works, otherwise.

I do feel frustrated that I didn't do better with this. :worried:
    My list is from GSASERList. I use the Verified list, usually.
    As I understood it, when SER is using engines with SEs, and there are matches, SER iterates through all the targets found that match. But what is it doing with a global list like above?
    If you had read the articles below, your problem could have been solved by 90%.

https://docu.gsa-online.de/search_engine_ranker/tutorials

I haven't personally met him, but this software would be nothing without Shaun's articles.

Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • @malcom

"but this software would be nothing without Shaun's articles."

I kinda find that a bit of a odd statement.

Same as some users recently claiming to use softwares for many years but don't know simple features or how to tell if link is indexed or not after all that time?

Ive had the software since 2013 and I dont believe I have ever seen any of these "articles".

I do know that over the years many users have tested and contributed to the software and features and none would be possible without Svens programming wizardry.

I know the tutorials and the docs pages are being updated and changed slowly but when I click on any of  the "articles" you mentioned, on my end it tried to go to webarchive and it timed out?

I can view the inet ones and asia vitual solutions though near it. 

Either way, you piqued my curiosity mentioning that so I'm wondering is there another way/link to view these resources?

Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
    edited December 2023
    Thank you all for the info and the links.  I will read and re-read all of this and apply as appropriate. :) I know I will have questions...I know I haven't been using GSA SER to anything close to its potential. Even so, I did get results for years that I was satisfied with.

Shaun was active years ago.   I always appreciated his help on this forum. His insane and meticulous testing was interesting, and he did take SER usage to the next level, clearly.

I appreciate ALL the help GSA users have given over the years. I know it seems weird that I don't get some of the basics. What can I say? It does seem kind of pathetic, tbh. I appreciate the patience in dealing with me.

And, yes, though we users come and go, Sven is still here, and I really appreciate that. His programming skills are insane, and his ideas are always cool. Also, I can say he's a great person, and I do mean that.  I am happy to know him! :joy:
    Thanked by 1malcom
  • edited December 2023
    @backlinkaddict

There are two types of learning methods in life: learning from someone else's failures and learning from your own failures. Learning from someone else's failures is the most cost-effective and quickest way to achieve your goals. However, you can gain deeper and more comprehensive knowledge if you continuously test and fail on your own without relying on someone else's expertise.

Due to a lack of time to learn from my own mistakes, I devoted almost six weeks (six to seven hours a day) to reading all the comments from 2015 to 2018 until Shaun left the forum. I even went as far as reading all the comments in the GSA help section. (Yes, I am a psycho)

I read every single comment Shaun posted from when he first joined the forum in 2016 until 2018. He was the only person who seemed to have a good understanding of the software and provided valuable case studies.

My statement could be exaggerated but by reading his guides a couple of times saved me an incredible amount of time.

The entry barrier for this software is immense, and that cannot be denied. However, this does not mean the software doesnt work or is flawed; it simply lacks proper guidance. Moreover, anti-supporters are claiming that the software doesn't work.

If I had to answer the same questions repeatedly over the ten years since the software was released, I would have killed myself. But Sven is doing that.
    He, either didn't want to invest in a proper guide and focused solely on software development, or he allowed users to guide each other, similar to what looplines did for Scrapebox. However, in my opinion, Sven overlooked the fact that GSA Ser is much more complex compared to Scrapebox.

You can learn Scrapebox in just two to three days by watching loopline's videos. On the other hand, the entry barrier for GSA Ser is significant due to the misinformation floating around about it and the complexity of the software's user interface. People are intimidated by the UI! Unfortunately, Sven can't do much about it because I think he didn't take into account the perspectives and viewpoints of SEO professionals when creating software targeted specifically at this audience.

Even in recent 2023 topics on BHW, there is still an abundance of negative propaganda against this software. If you look at the latest threads on the forum, you will find that 99% of SEOs believe the software is garbage and that it will ultimately harm your website. Meanwhile, those who are banking money using the software are not discussing their tactics on the forum. The user base is shrinking, and target URLs are dying out the future of this software is tied to this. As newer and more advanced security systems like Cloudflare become more popular, they will eventually render this software obsolete. Its survival depends on what actions Sven takes. 

In my opinion, people who don't read or invest a considerable amount of time in studying guides for this software eventually abandon it, thinking it doesn't work. However, the underlying issue is not the software itself, but rather the fact that some people are intimidated by it and struggle to understand its complexity.

By the way, I still can get access to archived web pages on Archive.org.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee