Skip to content

It's been a painful 4 years.

Hey all, I have am an avid student of this forum and a long time lurker of this site. I have been using GSASer for 4 years and I am at a disbelief at how terrible I am at it or I perhaps I am not being patient? I think? 

My Toolbox is as follow but yet I am struggling to push keywords up in 4-6 months. This is my Ahrefs profile for ideas. Thankfully they are fairly low KD and I have been battling to keep it up my competitors have much lower profile than mine but outrank me and many other keywords

My competitors  : 

I own : 

Gsaser Licenses : 4
Rankerx Lincenses : 2
Sitelist : GSASERlist,Asiavirtual, and couple others
Emails : Multiples from SEOSpartans and my own created catch alls, and couple gmails
Captcha : Xevil6
Ipv4 and Ipv6 : 600 from Reproxy
Dedicated Proxies From buyproxies : 100
Scrapebox
Platform Identifier
OneHourindexing API
ChatGPT API
A few self created python scripts that post on medium and Telegra.ph oh and my subreddits.
Ahrefs account
Over 500 Google Cloud Project Api with Json Keys

I could go on and on but you get the idea,  i have tried many guidelines on here , I will not name drop because they each had brought some value to me . I have tried creating 3 Tiers structures , 5 Tiers , Single Tier, Rankerx Boost but I am barely moving the needles here. 

Pleas any ideas or suggestions on what I might be missing out on?

Thanked by 2Jason_88 Deeeeeeee
Tagged:

Comments

• How is your on-page seo looking? Optimized for keyword at least basically with SEO  plugin like rankmath?

How about content type and length in comparison to whats currently ranking?

If find it's great to read guides and think outside the box sometimes but always reverse engineering whats currently working/ranking will provide me with me with better and actionable results.

Maybe creating scripts to search with branded domain name or keyword searches and visit and click around your site with long wait times before steps with all those proxies you have. (could provide increase in rankings)

If you really wanna be a dick I guess you can build an "increase my competiton bounce rate" bot. j/k

I use bayproxies sometimes too and I think they are not working great anymore. They test ok on scrapebox and with their tester but I tested on another third party mozilla ext and I was shown they are low quality compared to others I tested that gave much better results. (not 100 percent sure what it means just yet as Im going to test some more)

I noticed lots of blocks and deletion of links/profiles lately that were made behind them as well.

Im not totally sure and testing now but I think there could be issue with that service. 

I tried to create a small pligg bookmark scraper project in SER and all "ip banned on Gaagle" very fast with wait time before searches increased from default.

I think there is service to use proxies that virtually disappear after use and not resold again is something im going to look into.

Maybe some of my rambling helped idk either way I like to discuss these topics 
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • I appreciate your "rambling"...  :D But my On-page is probably what has kept it afloat since our competitors seems to not care and have really thin content. All category pages + products have unique contents, blog is maintained as well
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • hmmmmm....How is site speed and core web vitals?

Could it be that your the "outlier" in the top 10 or, maybe as you mentioned being "impatient"  so maybe back off for a bit and see what changes?

I know currently some tools show URL in comparison to others in top ten and give some "weird" advice like deleting content and or change tone of writing for example. Things most wouldnt think but followed advice and saw increase in rankings.

Could it be as simple as over optimization for selected niche?

If you have a peek at your traffic on a graph such as semrush where you can see Goagle updates, does it show anything useful?

Just throwing some thoughts out there. . .

I would try looking into and disecting top 10. Really dig into the landscape there and try to get site a little better but simliar to whats currently ranking, not way better.

I dont think "building a better mouse trap" or skyscraper method is working like it used to, probably as they look at user intent more and peoples attention spans keep shrinking. People maybe bouncing more on longer form content in some niches. 

But again probably depends on niche and whats currently ranking there.

Maybe have a look with @Sven 's tool https://www.gsa-online.de/product/keyword_research/  and see if anything useful pops out at you using top 10  and competition features in there.

Probably find something interesting . . . .
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • The thing about these 3rd party tools is that they don't necessarily correlate with what Google thinks. Ahrefs DR/UR is a very easy metric to manipulate, even DA/PA and TF/CF. To boost them you just get links from sites with high DR, DA or TF. But again, having these metrics really high doesn't necessarily mean google will rank you higher.

The reason being is these 3rd party tools show indexed links as well as non indexed links. None of them will show you all of your T1 links either, only what they find and crawl in their database. Each dataabse for each tool will be different. Google will rank you based on indexed links only, meaning those non indexed links you see in these tools are doing absolutely zero to influence your rankings.

Your selection of tools such as GSA and rankerx is very good. I use the same tools myself and they do move rankings up. The downside with using these tools is they both rely on public sites as link sources. This means that links can die, tiers are broken quite easily. Even with google updates, links in tiers can be deindexed and dead links cleansed from the serps can cause ranking drops as well. Often happens before you can see the rank increases from the links you've built. I've no idea what system you have in place for staying on top of these issues. Personally I rely on GSA SER to automatically reverify links for me. But I also use a desktop software to store, manage and index check any tiered links I build. Very easy to check months later after links have been built to see the current indexing rate and change in link numbers due to link loss.

Most of this year, gnuboard has been the biggest source of links - had over 1000 do follow links sources with some sites having DA90+. Have seen great results from tiering these links, but my site list has now shrunk down to about 200+ do follow sites. I guess they got fed up of having their platform spammed to death by us. This means link loss and a lot of it. I suspect your site has experienced the same.

Indexing these days seems harder than ever. First thing I would check is your indexing rates of the T1 links. I suspect many are not indexed which is another reason why you're not seeing rank increases. You can hammer a T1 link with tiers as much as you like - if it's not indexed, it won't pass any link juice.

In terms of metrics, I do focus on boosting them, despite what I said above. One of my client's site that is performing has crazy high metrics - DR70, DA74 and TF40. The site is so powerful that every new post added ranks on page 1 without any additional backlinks.

But having said that, I also have sites with much lower metrics that also rank and get traffic daily - depends on niche and traffic volumes of keywords - many of these are very low competiton keywords-, so it ranks page 1 with ease. These sites are all AI generated.

I'd also recommend looking at new link sources outside gsa ser and rankerx. Looking at your ahrefs stats, your current link sources are capable of boosting your site to DR32 - which is quite low if you want to compete with other sites. 

Your referring domains is 2.4k with 83k backlinks. This means you've beeen hammering the same sites over and over. No real benefit in this as you only get authority boosts from using unique domains.

What is interesting to see is that the "all time" metrics versus current metrics shows the amount of link loss your site has experienced according to Ahrefs.

To date you've made 3 million backlinks and as of right now ahrefs is picking up 83k as live links. That means you've experienced more than 2/3 link loss. Same goes for your referring domains - 10k referring domains historically versus 2.4k currenlty live. That equates to 76% link loss on referring domains lol

You are basically going round in circles replacing lost links and losing the battle against google and rankings. Just based on that anlaysis alone, I'd seriously reconsider new T1 link sources, things like PBNs and 301s would be the way to go. - these are permanent links. Or else outsourcing through fiverr, blackhatworld to gain access to more link sources.

Then move your tools such as gsa ser and rankerx on to T2/3 only. Or you can still use all link sources on T1, but have a system for managing the link loss and index checks.

Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • @sickseo great input and nice catch! I didnt even see the "all time" their but havent used Ahrefs in awhile. I prefered in back in the day when the domain anaylzer was free and they showed that anchot text cloud with just needed overview stuff very nicely. Seems all cluttered to me today.

Reverify links working for you? Do you rely on this an find it accurate? I recently turned "reverify off" in some projects. I did this becuase when I click show URLS and then verified, then click verify its asks (after its done) do you want to delete failed or the ones in red. I say no and I visit the sites highlighted in red which would have been deleted and  I find they are still there most time, afew not there and a few banned.

This means not only is it pulling good links out of project its also breaking tiers and your now unaware of this link unless it's randomly indexed and pops up in some backlink profile.

NOTE: Those are web 2.0 blog type projects so maybe its specific to the script and how it verifies link. (and I dont think they are engines sven created I see this on)

Your right a lot of these tools crawl and show you links that are not indexed/useful, links to your images and some other things that are not helpful as far as indexed links passing any authority back to the main URL. And some make it hard to filter them.

Software to manage backlinks. . . You make me remember I tool I tested many years ago called Backlink Monitor think it was INspyder desktop tool. It was only tool I knew about that you could create projects and keep pasting in links and it would show you and keep track of your whole tier structure which was nice. Dont think Ive seen another like it since. Which is weird because it was really useful.

You also bring up a good point for newer users here. Focus on some good and diverse tier one backlinks not just from one database of one specific tool. Having many backlinks and low referring domains not going to help much. (should be obvious)

Kinda link using the same old spammed link list over and over again without added new "targets" or scraping a better list.

Basically like you said, your just rebuilding same links, links that get deleted, links that when deleted break an entire tier structure and going round in a circle doing the work but only getting same results. Also that those numbers like DA can easilly be manipulated and should only be used as reference.

Posts like these make me hopeful this forum will grow and become more active again :smiley:

Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • The reverify option does work pretty good. There will always be some anomalies. I've double checked it against backlink monitor - great tool I still use even today - most links that gsa ser says that are live across 3 tiers are in fact there. So I let gsa ser do it's thing across 3 tiers with automation. To do that manually tier by tier would take a lot of manual work which I just don't have time for, although it would give better results for sure.

Back in the day I would build each tier separately, store the links in backlink mointor and only build links to do follow links that were minimum 30 days old. I still do this but only with rankerx links and other outsourced links from fiverr. The gsa ser links run on full auto with 3 tiers, reverifying links every 24 hours.

I'm transitioning my T1 links over to PBNs and 301 domains. Lengthy and expensive process, but the best approach for permanent rankings.

• sickseo I guess there is always some "leakage" to be expected with large automation tasks.

I've been using very similiar startegies over the years.

Totally agree T1's you own and/or 301's are the way to go if its afforable option for project.

Currently, im trying to get SER running on Linux with no luck so my linking is stopped for a bit :neutral:

• Friday Night Funkin
    I can say that this game is truly worthy of praise! Friday Night Funkin. Exciting graphics and catchy music provide a unique and fun experience. The gameplay is also very dynamic and challenging, helping you relax and enjoy your leisure time. Keep up the good work and show off your dancing abilities!
  • @sickseo
    "Your selection of tools such as GSA and rankerx is very good. I use the same tools myself and they do move rankings up. The downside with using these tools is they both rely on public sites as link sources. This means that links can die, tiers are broken quite easily. Even with google updates, links in tiers can be deindexed and dead links cleansed from the serps can cause ranking drops as well. Often happens before you can see the rank increases from the links you've built. I've no idea what system you have in place for staying on top of these issues. Personally I rely on GSA SER to automatically reverify links for me. But I also use a desktop software to store, manage and index check any tiered links I build. Very easy to check months later after links have been built to see the current indexing rate and change in link numbers due to link loss."

--I agree with the concept of link loss and how it affects a keywords ranking frequently

"Most of this year, gnuboard has been the biggest source of links - had over 1000 do follow links sources with some sites having DA90+. Have seen great results from tiering these links, but my site list has now shrunk down to about 200+ do follow sites. I guess they got fed up of having their platform spammed to death by us. This means link loss and a lot of it. I suspect your site has experienced the same."

--Same here, GNUboard has been a lifesaver for me too, at first I realized I was overthinking about how GSA was building so many of them but the 83k Have been mostly GNUboard for me

"But having said that, I also have sites with much lower metrics that also rank and get traffic daily - depends on niche and traffic volumes of keywords - many of these are very low competiton keywords-, so it ranks page 1 with ease. These sites are all AI generated."

" I'd also recommend looking at new link sources outside gsa ser and rankerx. Looking at your ahrefs stats, your current link sources are capable of boosting your site to DR32 - which is quite low if you want to compete with other sites. "

--You are pretty much reading my thought on this, I have tried to build my own list iwht platform indexer + scrapebox but I coould not figure it out quick enough to provide results so I started buying list but Im schocked to realize that I have over 5 different list providers that well known here but I am getting such low results. Instead of bashing the listowners I have been trying to really understand what is so wrong with my GSA  / Rankerx Settngs or approach.

Your referring domains is 2.4k with 83k backlinks. This means you've beeen hammering the same sites over and over. No real benefit in this as you only get authority boosts from using unique domains.

--True my thought was that my sites has over 100,000 products and each have their own repesctive term or keywords I built a project like so 

Example : 

Project 1 ( Gsa Install #1 ) 
    G-wagon ( I build link for broad match terms and informative keywords )  [ These are my contextual dofollow, with  unique articles from open AI,ArticleKontent API]
    -G-wagon Tier 1 ( Building from verified g-wagon projects )  [ Contextual again, with follows , mixed with blog comments, and other "better quality links ] 
    --G-wagon Tier 2 ( Building links From above project ) [ Exploits kind of  links with almost any doffollows with some kinda spam stuff ] 

Project 2 ( GSA Install # 2) 
    G-wagon Headlights ( I build links for keywords directly or part match about headlights ) 
    Tier 1 ( Same settings  like project 1 ) 
    Tier 2 ( Same settings like project 1 ) 
    Project 3 ( Gsa install # 3 ) 
    Part #XYZ ( I build links targeting specific part number ) 
    Tier 1 ( Same settings  like project 1 ) 
    Tier 2 ( Same settings like project 1 ) 

What is interesting to see is that the "all time" metrics versus current metrics shows the amount of link loss your site has experienced according to Ahrefs.

To date you've made 3 million backlinks and as of right now ahrefs is picking up 83k as live links. That means you've experienced more than 2/3 link loss. Same goes for your referring domains - 10k referring domains historically versus 2.4k currenlty live. That equates to 76% link loss on referring domains lol

-- Oh man, about  that you know throughout the years I have not been able to keep GSA running 24/7 despite having everything's I have mentioned? It stops I have to keep restarting GSA / Xevil , It has never been smooth or require small changes...Pretty much I have never gotten 7 days with no issues lol, even though these servers are up 24/7 themselves

You are basically going round in circles replacing lost links and losing the battle against google and rankings. Just based on that anlaysis alone, I'd seriously reconsider new T1 link sources, things like PBNs and 301s would be the way to go. - these are permanent links. Or else outsourcing through fiverr, blackhatworld to gain access to more link sources.
    -- I have a few Wordpress install sites can I repost the created links automatically from GSA to keep bosting them up? I do have the indexing APi setup on the sites.
    Thanked by 1backlinkaddict
  • You can set gsa ser to run on auto pilot forever. There is a free software I use (cyber's auto delete) to automate the delete target url cache and history in conjunction with windows task scheduler - I can set this to run once per day or after X amount of days. I've also set it to delete any links (submitted/verified) from campaigns labelled "Power up" which I normally use on the T3 projects. I keep my T1/T2 links and let that build up over time. GSA SER will auto reverify and remove anything that it thinks is dead.

I've also switched to running my installs with the built in scheduler using default settings of 10 running projects simultaneously, switching to other projects every 30 minutes. This uses way less memory and cpu and definitely more stable than running 100-300  projects at the same time. My installs can run for weeks without me having to touch them at all.

These wordpress sites are the way to go. But they will need the homepage boosted with tiered links to make the inner page links have any value at all. Plus the inner pages will need tiering as well. With the indexing api, you'll have 100% indexing rate on those, so perfect link source to use in any tier.

Defintiely host the pbns on different ips. Will need separate hosting for that but there are a couple of really good ones that offer static ips for $1 each or less per month. (seekahost and pbnhosting.io) So not that expensive for a network of 50-100 pbns.

It's not enough to rely on just gsa ser and rankerx. There just aren't enough link sources between them that are do follow with good indexing rates to rely on them for rankings. They're still very good though at powering up other links such as your T1 pbns or web 2.0s, videos and high DA parasites.

Going down the PBN route and 301 route, you  literally can have an unlimited number of link sources, depending on your monthly budget. 
    Thanked by 3Tropics Maximee rosath
  • I am going to give that software a run in a few thanks!

I am thinking that building PBNs might be the better investment for me in the long term. I looked at the services that Seekahost offers and it looks like they have multiple packages that I could benefit from.

I am thinking of ordering 10 of them to start, but some quick concerns come like how does one manage 10 wordpress sites? let alone post to 10 wordpress site constantly. I can understand the linking building part process but for these PBNs do they key metrics I should be concerned about? are the PBN domain best if expired?
  • sickseosickseo London,UK
    edited November 2023
    If you're going to use the CyberD software you can download and import my settings file which will have the same masks for what you see in the screenshot above: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnGqThZOaSfChes-qlhGOzbRuTV8Fw?e=xv5t5H

There are 2 routes you could go with the PBN domains. 

Buying expired domains is expensive, but can give instant link juice if it has links from high authority sites. Finding domains with good metrics and also similar to the niche you're already in is going to be tough. Even a DA50 site could cost you hundreds or even thousands.

Personally, I stick with brand new domains and build up the metrics myself. I have the tools and link sources to power up the domains, and so do you lol

DR, DA and TF is what I focus on and this I outsource to fiverr. Plenty of sellers that can do this for you for cheap. But I wouldn't just rely on the fiverr gigs, use your gsa and rankerx to boost as well.

Managing even 10 of them is gonna take some work. Depends on how high quality you want to go for. You could auto post with rankerx or gsa, but I go for really high quality - thinking for the long term here. For now I do it all manually using Ai to generate the content - long form content 2000 - 8000 words with lots of H2's and H3's, bullet and/or numbered formatting. I could do 1 post in 10 minutes or less, so it doesn't take that long.

Setting up each PBN I've got zennoposter programmed to do all the steps I normally would, installing plugins and activating them, deleting unused themes, setting permalinks structure etc. I could use zennoposter to automate the posting too, but I don't have a good AI content source that's ready to post without manual editing/proof reading first. Hence why I do that bit by hand still.

You only need to do 1 post per PBN to each url on your money site/landing page. I've got hosting set up for 550 pbns at the moment and I just pick a domain at random to make a new T1 link. Then use backlink monitor to store and manage the links. Makes it easy to grab them when I want to throw some rankerx links or gsa links at them. There is no rush to populate the PBNs with hundreds of posts. Although there are AI tools out there for auto blogging that you could take a look at.

It's a lot of work but it prevents the "going round in circles". Over time the PBNs will just get more and more powerful as you post more content and build more tiers, especially with the internal linking that wordpress has. I started building my PBNs at the beginning of the year and started with 50 brand new domains and I'm still workng on making the network bigger and more powerful. These are all DA50+, DR50+ and TF30+ at the moment.

• sickseo nice post!

On topic of expired domains being expensive, Im able to scrape list with scrapebox expired domain finder, filter whats left with domdetailer then spam check link profile and I usually can come up with about 3 decent domains. Moz rank no lower than 3 and other metrics above and matching to start.

I recently registered one here https://www.cheap-domainregistration.com/ for under 5 dollars. I think was 3.97 USD total. Maybe helpful for some? Im not sure about price after the year is up though, probably where they get you.

Also, with zenno poster project maker you mentioned automating wordpress PBN's what a great idea! I have been using to create free "site builder" type websites and some sites that no tools currently have working. But I never thought of using it on self hosted wordpress till you mentioned it which shocked me, so thanks!

Just gave me a ton of new work to do :smiley:

Is it just me or when you create inputs in the project maker and view what it will look like as gui,  does it not look exactly like the old senuke wizard? like exactly? With little blue tooltip ?'s and fields?

Project maker is a beast for debugging to, I find quite useful and the documentation https://zennolab.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/EN/pages/924581921/ZennoPoster is in depth in multiple languages.

Have any experience with that cookie cutter API that integrates zenno poster into GSA from the SER documentation? 

Im currently generating AI content, long form with many headings and getting good results too.

I also label some of my project s "power up" and "boost" haha.

I didnt realize at first in rankmath every time you hit publish it hits the index now API. I did a bunch of updates on a site and repeatedly hit publish while should have saved as draft then published when finalized. I look into search console and said I requested indexing 293 times for a site I was really  wasnt wanting to get indexed yet.. opps

While all these tools are great and intersting Its amazing how SER still remains king of automatic search engine optimization.

Baclink monitor is also great tool to track your tiers, I agree!!! Wish SER could export/import them into BM somehow.

I wonder anyone reading this . . .

1. Your stuck in just one place with a laptop and 1 Gbps internet connection. (like hotel room)
    2. Your only means of making money are SEO/ affiliate marketing through this laptop.
    3. Your starting from scratch on brand new powerful but empty laptop (yup, your pbns, projects, current softwares licenses are lost in cosmos forever).
    4. You have only 1000 USD on a card to spend online. (food is taken care of at hotel)

Where would you start, what would you buy with your 1000 USD, what would you build/create to get from zero to making money again?

I was just looking through my books and found a book called 30 days which i dont think is available anymore, its basically top company affilaites were asked similar question and the resulting book was amazing. All people asked had made minimum of 1,000,000 online and were asked a similar "what would you do if you had to start from scratch again" ?

Remember - You are starting from scratch, the laptop you have can be as powerful as money can buy but you only have 1 and 1000 USD to start.

Do you accept challenge, Can you survive?

• edited January 9
    sickseo said:
    The reverify option does work pretty good. There will always be some anomalies. I've double checked it against backlink monitor - great tool I still use even today - most links that gsa ser says that are live across 3 tiers are in fact there. So I let gsa ser do it's thing across 3 tiers with automation. To do that manually tier by tier would take a lot of manual work which I just don't have time for, although it would give better results for sure.

Back in the day I would build each tier separately, store the links in backlink mointor and only build links to do follow links that were minimum 30 days old. I still do this but only with rankerx links and other outsourced links from fiverr. The gsa ser links run on full auto with 3 tiers, reverifying links every 24 hours.

I'm transitioning my T1 links over to PBNs and 301 domains. Lengthy and expensive process, but the best approach for permanent rankings.

Just want to confirm, in this the backlink monitor tool you're referring to? I've been looking for a tool like this! https://www.inspyder.com/products/BacklinkMonitor

Also, for the first GSA tiers are you limiting the amount of links GSA builds a day?

edited January 9
    Yup that's the one. 

You can also set up automation with gsa ser exporting links from a set of campaigns to a txt file. Then set backlink mointor to run scheduled link checks and have it  auto import the gsa ser links from the txt file. Very nice system.

I don't set any limits on the number of links that are built. This just delays the results. The quicker you build the links and get them indexed, the quicker you'll see rank increases. If you can build and index the tiered links in days, then you can rank in days.
    Thanked by 2Digitalw0 Jason_88
  • sickseo said:
    Yup that's the one. 

You can also set up automation with gsa ser exporting links from a set of campaigns to a txt file. Then set backlink mointor to run scheduled link checks and have it  auto import the gsa ser links from the txt file. Very nice system.

I don't set any limits on the number of links that are built. This just delays the results. The quicker you build the links and get them indexed, the quicker you'll see rank increases. If you can build and index the tiered links in days, then you can rank in days.
    How automation with gsa ser exporting links from a set of campaigns to a txt file?
    You set this up from inside your project:

Check the box "Automatically export verified urls" and follow on scrreen prompts. This sends links to a text file. Then use backlink monitor to import those links on a schedule for link checking.