Skip to content

GSA SER Maintenance

Hello,

I noticed that there's a folder  AppData\Roaming\GSA Search Engine Ranker\projects. In this folder there are files with extensions such as host_done, static, targets, urls_done, verify, success etc. Can someone please tell me what each of these files are or tell me where to get more information about them? I guess we can use them to do maintenance but I'm not sure exactly how? Just delete them regularly? and why?

Here are again the files I need to understand more about:

host_done,
static,
targets,
urls_done,
verify,
success

Thanks a lot
Thanked by 1traveltoday
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    • host_done = submission history so if a hash over host is in there, SER does not submit
    • urls_done = same as "host_done" but for the whole URL
    • static = stores login/account details to each site
    • targets = new targets it is trying to submit to
    • verify = submitted sites waiting for verification
    • success = backlinks that got verified
    Thanked by 1JayJayJay
  • Thanks @Sven, are there files (which extensions) we must not delete? 
    Well, you better not delete anything really.
    Thanked by 1JayJayJay
  • In this case, is there any other easy and quick ways we can do maintenance jobs like deleting target history, verified backlinks etc? 
    well you can delete things there when yaou want to delete history or cache...but I would not suggest you to touch success or verify files.
  • sickseosickseo London,UK
    edited September 2023
    @JayJayJay If you look at your project file names on your T2 projects, I've renamed them to add "Power Up" on the end of each project name. This means that when the autodelete program runs, it will only delete the verified links from the T2 projects. Your T1 verified links will remain untouched.

If you look at the mask I used on the autodelete program, it has *Power Up*.success - meaning it will only delete verified links from projects that are labelled "Power Up".

The reason for this is that the T2 links are the last tier and they need to be run repeatedly to continuously power up the T1 dofollow links. Once the site list has been used once, you will start to see the message "no targets to post to". The above settings will auto delete and reset all projects so that the site list can be used again to make new links.

Also the windows task scheduler is set up to run the above program every 3 days. You can adjust this to be a longer or shorter time frame. It all depends on how big your site list is and how many projects you are running. More running projects may need 5-7 days to use the entire site list. Just check the install each day to see how long it needs to finish running.

• Hey Thanks you both @sven and @sickseo for the explanations. I was going to say in this case, I will just save a backup copy of everything before running auto delete. I guess as long as the program is not going to stop working, then deleting these files should be ok, even if I accidentally deleted some unrelated projects - in such case i just need to rebuild them at worst, GSA SER itself is not going to be affected. Thats my guess, kindly correct me if Im wrong. I truely appreciate both of you for your help. You have been very kind.
  • Keeping a backup of all projects on your install or even individual projects is a good idea anyway.

But the autodelete program will not delete your projects. It will only delete the files which are associated with performing a campaign reset. 
  • JayJayJayJayJayJay Malaysia
    edited September 2023
    sickseo said:
    Keeping a backup of all projects on your install or even individual projects is a good idea anyway.

But the autodelete program will not delete your projects. It will only delete the files which are associated with performing a campaign reset. 
    Thank you sickseo, this really is a time saver.  I opened this thread because i wanted to avoid deleting files with other extensions by my own mistake. 

Also, talking about deleting these files, how long should we keep creating T1 backlinks? they are growing so fast everyday and I wonder if we should stop them at some point. For years I was worrying about not getting enough links and now I am worrying about getting too many lol
  • lol I would suggest that each week you view the T1 links and delete the "no follow" links from them.
    Thanked by 1JayJayJay
  • AliTabAliTab GSAserlists.com
    Sven said:
    • host_done = submission history so if a hash over host is in there, SER does not submit
    • urls_done = same as "host_done" but for the whole URL
    • static = stores login/account details to each site
    • targets = new targets it is trying to submit to
    • verify = submitted sites waiting for verification
    • success = backlinks that got verified
    @Sven, there's one .new_targets and one .targets file for each project. Could you please explain the difference between them?

Thank you!
    .targets is read first and when thats empty, it reads new_targets followed by new_targets2. Thats build to not have conflicts when you add new targets,
    Thanked by 1AliTab