Skip to content

What causes POP disabled error message in email verification ?

When I click "test" in the email verification screen when testing a Hotmail account I'm getting frequent error messages saying "All Failed - Last error :-ERR This account has POP disabled. Go to the outlook.com options page to enable POP"

This doesn't make any sense, I'm using the 900th of a 1000 hotmails list and it's only started happening today i.e. the first 900 have all been fine. It's almost like the system is displaying the wrong error message. And the error is very inconsistent, an email will fail and 5 minutes later if I check it again then it will pass, I guess that's pointing to a problem at the hotmail / outlook.com server ?.

Whatever, it's very annoying :). Anybody seen this before ?, anything that I can try ?

Thanks 
Tagged:

Comments

• I'm experiencing this problem, keep re-test and eventually it will passed. Not sure how this will impact on running project though..
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Yes, no problem in SER but outlook/hotmail.
  • I got also this message,and when I manualy go to outlook and enable pop then test in GSA SER its ok hmm
    but but :/ I dont like go to every each account manualy to enable pop anybody have some idea?
  • Ah yea also and when I run project I get this error how pop its disabled
  • Yup guys hotmails/outlook new accounts now coming with disable pop3 access, you should go in accont and enable pop3... Faced that yesterday...
  • grax1grax1 Professional SEO, UK | White Label SEO Provider
    edited February 2014
    I also have this problem, but damn, I have a lot of emails in my projects, can't imagine to go through all of them and manually enable this damn pop3 access.... edit: I just logged in to some accounts I added yesterday on my new projects and this is the message I see - http://i.imgur.com/hoTclAU.png - so this will happen to all accounts I use for GSA SER and drastically decrease my verification rate... Anyone has any idea what to do with that issue ? @Sven do you know any other email providers that would work well with SER ?
  • hotmailaccounthotmailaccount buybulkaccount.com
    Try this pop3 server: pop-mail.outlook.com:995
    And i can fix for you for free, check this post: https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/comment/60159/
    edited February 2014
    @hotmailaccount I already had pop3 server like this: http://i.imgur.com/ZjOB63Z.png and this don't work. Damn whenever I had a package of emails I just copied a few to every project and deleted the once I copied from the whole package to know that the ones that are still there haven't been used yet... Do I have to export all these emails manually to enable that popup3 access ? There is an option to import emails to multiple projects but I can't see any for exporting them from all the projects. I could do it manually from every single project but damn...I hope there is way to do it faster @Sven is it possible?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    well not right now but maybe in some future version
    @Sven that would be great! I think this option would save a lot of time in the future cause email providers will most probably play with their settings and all that stuff again and again so this new addon would be really useful so that everyone could avoid getting stucked with running the projects and solve new email related problems with a few clicks ;)