Skip to content

SER slow on startup again

Hi, since the last update to version 17.57, SER is slow again when starting projects. Before the update, projects still started immediately.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    what do you call slow?
  • Until the penultimate version, when you clicked on Start it started immediately, after about a second, this is because you had made improvements in speed in previous versions. But in version 17.57 when you click on Start it starts again after about ten seconds, not exactly immediately. At least I'm experiencing this slowdown
    Please try to stop and start again...Im sure it runs faster then. The reason is the new article handling. Previously it would have tested all articles for the best one to submit. Now it uses an index which is loaded at startup if not present and it is only renewed when new articles or anchors are added. This however makes the whole article submission a lot faster and less cpu/resource hungry.
  • I understand. I will let you know
  • verdemuschioverdemuschio Italy
    edited March 20
    Sven said:
    Please try to stop and start again...Im sure it runs faster then. The reason is the new article handling. Previously it would have tested all articles for the best one to submit. Now it uses an index which is loaded at startup if not present and it is only renewed when new articles or anchors are added. This however makes the whole article submission a lot faster and less cpu/resource hungry.
    So, I tried two modes:

1) I stopped and then after 10 seconds I restarted without closing SER.
    Result: I had to wait 88 seconds before starting

2) I closed SER and restarted the software and waited for all the blacklists to reload. I started it.
    Result: it restarted after 79 seconds

I would like to know if others also have the same problem
    please send me the project backup so i can debug it.
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    how big is your target url cache ?
    what is the size of this folder: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\GSA Search Engine Ranker\projects    ?
  • I notice SER can take some time to shut down also. Not huge deal though.

Even with one thread SER and 1 thread browser for debugging.

Sometimes it will hang even at 0 or 1 thread at which point I just end the process via task manager.

For me it seems more "snappy" lately operating faster.

For trying to get browser window to pop right open when I hit start rather then waiting 20 seconds or so, I just clear some caches and hit refresh and then its working faster again.

I noticed some newer messages in log as well which I find helpful.
    edited March 22
    Sorry but I had problems, I had to re-install the operating system.

royalmice said:
    how big is your target url cache ?
    what is the size of this folder: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\GSA Search Engine Ranker\projects    ?
    The projects cache is large 5,11 GB

Sven said:
    please send me the project backup so i can debug it.
    project backup has been sent
    edited March 22
    With the new update 17.59 it is much better. Thanks @Sven