Skip to content

Can't restore backup

edited September 2012 in Bugs
Made a backup of a project on my vps, which uses the latest GSA version. Want to restore it to my home PC, which also uses the latest GSA version, and it produces the following error. 

---------------------------
GSA Search Engine Ranker v4.21
Error writing file "C:\Users\Darren\AppData\Roaming\GSA Search Engine Ranker\projects\project1.new_keywords".
OK   

GSA Search Engine Ranker v4.21
Error writing file "C:\Users\Darren\AppData\Roaming\GSA Search Engine Ranker\projects\project1.prefilled".
OK   

This didn't happen with previous versions.

Comments

• Did you made a backup of the project and create a .ser file?
    What OS are you using?

"Error writing file" implies that the software does not have rights to write a file. Is the existing folder or file writeable (check it's RMC > properties)?
    If that's not he issue, it could be that the software needs to be installed with admin rights. 

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Yes it is something ony our system that forbids the program to write to that folder/file.

• Having the same issue.

Did a backup and tried to import, no go.

Got the same error messages.

OS- Windows 7 Ultimate
    I already right click the GSA SER folder, uncheck read only. still has the same error message when I tried to restore project.

I think I can make new projects if restore is not working, but I worry that it might not save the submitted and verified links :(

• OzzOzz
    edited September 2012
    Where did you save your backup? Maybe it helps if you move your backup-file to "C:/backup.ses" for example.
  • edited September 2012
    I saved my backup file to a folder within 'my documents', and i'm also using a windows 7 system. Will try to install as admin, so see if it makes any difference, though i didn't have this problem prior to 4.21
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Found out what this error was. It is fixed now for upcoming version. You can ignore the errors as it comes only up when trying to restore a 0byte file which is'nt really needed and should aslo not get saved to the backup anyway.
  • Good news, thanks Sven