Skip to content

Captcha costs

edited September 2012 in Need Help
I do not see nowhere exposed, what are the captcha solving costs?
Thanks.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    depends very much on the way you use the software (what engines, what captcha provider, what settings). Noone can give you a number on no details.
  • That is a question you can only answer for yourself. It depends on:
    - what platforms
    - how many submissions daily
    - what filters
    - which captcha service/software
  • here is a summary
    captchasniper 70% success rate one time fee free udpates
    most web based services 99% success rate with around $1,3/1000 captcha's solved

most people would usually setup SER to use captcha sniper first
    and fall back to another web based service when 1st fails

this way you can save a lot on web based service costs

hope it helps

• Guys, I know how much I pay  to have credits at captcha service sites, but these credits can be differently charged from using software.
    Since softwares are integrated with these services through the API, I understand that developers of the softwares can set their own prices for captcha solving. I wouldn't have problem if it's couple cents above the prices at captcha services, but if it's more it I wouldn't like it. So that was my question.
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    edited September 2012
    From what I understand, Decaptcher is the only one that is charged above normal price. Most users that are on a budget will go with Captcha Sniper as their primary and Deathbycaptcha or ShaniBPO as secondary.

If you use Decaptcher it might charge you more but you also help support GSA since the software is a 1 time fee. :)

Just go with whatever is in your budget.
  • I am having good success using Captcha Sniper for almost everything. I have DBC set up as secondary, but I only use it for a couple projects that I am running that are getting high PR (PR2+) links to my money sites. This really cuts down the captcha costs for me. I still get captchas solved for the high PR links. And the projects that I am running toward my tier 1 & 2 links just get processed through CS without costing me anything.
  • i am new to all this stuff, but i think CaptchaSniper does NOT solve reCaptcha - and reCaptha is most commonly used cause its the best to protect from spam, i mean its even used here on this forum,

so can anyone confirm that Captcha Sniper cant solve reCapthca, cause from their website its not even listed that it can solve it, hence i have reason to believe their success rate with reCaptcha is 0% so it was better / smarter for them not even mentioning it

• OzzOzz
    edited September 2012
    No, reCaptcha is not supported and propably never be supported or just temporarly as google (who owns reCaptcha) are very fast in upgrading once a software are able to solve it.
    CS solves all kind of other captchas and is well integrated to SER. It solves ~250 captchas per hour for me. Thats 6000-8000 a day. Do the math and decide if its worthy for you. I don't know if they offer a trial in case you want to test it first.
  • geez, didnt know its owned by google as well,

Anyways youre right, covering 70% of all capchas for a one time fee is quite a acceptable amount,

• I don't think it covers 70% of the captchas correctly, but it helps you a lot to keep your costs down. The key is to first use CS and use recaptcher or DBC as backup.
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    I think even if it were to only solve 15-20% of captcha's it would quickly pay for itself.
  • I agree completly. CS was to unstable for me, but CS X runs quiet stable and saves me a ton of money.
  • edited September 2012
    The big thing to remember is that captcha that are solved by any OCR software is successful by brute force so you need to adjust your retries accordingly. I have mine set to 7.

The thing that I'm unsure of is if captcha sniper is getting a new captcha after the first one it "solves" is wrong.

But the theory is if you have your retries set to 7 then SER should detect the captcha was wrong and try and get a new image and send that to CS. or at least that is my understanding.
  • Yeah but some platforms block you after 3 tries so your backup captcha provider has never the chance to send a better "recognized" captcha. I set it to 2 and 1 to DBC.
  • GSA captcha retries attempts to grab a new captcha IF one is detected as incorrect AND if the new captcha appears to be different from the last, so if the platform just sends the same captcha,  it wont retry.

A better approach would be to dump cookies and reload from a new proxy so captcha is always new and retry blocks wont be activated (this is how a certain russian software breaks recaptcha, with about 30 retries!), but this will still fail if the captcha is uses mid way through the process (when you have already logged in so cannot avoid cookies etc), so for now Bytefakers suggestion is probably best.