CPU Usage Hit 100%

I don't usually post on here but the recent 12.20 has been hitting 100% CPU usage easily. I reduced the threads from 500 to 300 to 200 and then finally 120. It's still the same. They would run fine at very low cpu usage at first and then suddenly just hit 100%. I've tried all the way down to 50 threads and still the same. I could run up to 500 threads or more prior to this. Is it just me?

Comments

  • Accepted Answer
    Nope it's not just you. I noticed the issue since updating to 12.18 after the php web issue was fixed. I still haven't figured out what's changed. Can only run threads at max 100 now on each install.

    I started over with fresh installs and brand new campaigns and the cpu still maxes out at 100%. I've had to restrict the cpu at 20% so that it slows down with excessive cpu. I still get over 20k verified in 24 hours, but I used to be able to get a lot more before.
  • I'm also seeing this after a recent update.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I have really no clue what could have caused this. I also run the project in a profiler to see bottlenecks but there was none for me. Maybe someone can send me his settings + project backup where I can easily see such cpu usage increase?
  • Hi @Sven I've sent you a PM with a mediafire download link.
  • Accepted Answer
    I've updated to 12.21 and all is looking well. The cpu spikes have gone...even at 1000 threads! lol A Big Thank you @Sven
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Accepted Answer
    oh glad i could find the issue then...in fact it was the memory manager i updated and overlooked some settings + i optimized all of the top functions in SER that got used a lot.
  • edited October 11
    Hi @Sven thanks for the update! I'm still experiencing this although it's much better now. I run at 90 threads just fine (under 35% CPU usage) but the moment i increase it to 100 threads, it maxes out at 100% CPU usage. I'm looking forward to next update!

    Edit: 30 minutes later, it still maxes out my CPU usage at 90 threads/80 threads
  • edited October 13
    I'm still seeing problems, even with the latest update.

    Before I could run 700 threads fine(around version 12,17), but now I need to lower it to 150 threads otherwise it rises to 100% CPU usage straight away.

    Thanks


    edit: Projects with 1 URL seem to be running better than with multiple, could be unrelated.
  • (October 15 04:58PM )
    A possible bug which could be related:

    When I had "#" signs in the anchors field then CPU usage went up to 100% even with 5 threads and one project.

    Removing all of the "#" signs in the anchors field reduced the CPU usage by a huge amount.
  • (October 15 05:45PM )
    SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    hmm send a project backup please
Sign In or Register to comment.