Skip to content

Newbie question, how to setup GSA CB for the first time and connect it as deathbycaptcha/decaptcher

edited February 2013 in Need Help
Sorry for newbie question, but i did checked all discussion here and found weird, why there's no tutorial or getting started guide at all.

My info:
1. server: Windows server 2008 R2
2. All bot are placed on the same server.

Questions:
1. How do i set GSA CB for the first time ? I know i can tick 'run as webserver', what IP should i put there ? Considering all my bot also in the same server/ip, should i leave it as is ? it's 0.0.0.0 now. 
2. One of my bot is Tweet Demon/Tweet Attack and for twitter. The captcha setting option on that bot only have 2 field which is username and password, what should i fill there ?
3. GSA CB able to solve hotmail's captcha and twitter's captcha for sign up or not ?

Pls let me know ASAP. I'm in 5 days trial and would like to buy this.

Thanks

Comments

• OzzOzz
    edited February 2013
    yeah, i think too that a basic documentation is needed.

however, to answer your question.
    1) if your bot uses DBC than click 'run as webserver' and 'DBC' also and you should be fine.
    2) you can use whatever username/password you want
    3) twitter mobile - yes. hotmail - no
    your bot needs to create twitter accounts via the mobile version. hopefully thats an option in your bot.
  • Thanks for the answer Ozz.

But what IP should i fill there ? I just leave it as 0.0.0.0 ?? I already have done that, but it seems there's no response from your GSA CB neither from my bot when processing.

Pls let me know

thx
  • OzzOzz
    edited February 2013
    sorry, i don't have an exact answer for your issue. the "test" button will give you no results? if there is a connection between both tools than it should give you a "999" answer.

maybe you can try 127.0.0.1 or one of the other options CB when you click the dropdown menu right in front of the 0.0.0.0 field.

i think you need @Sven for the rescue and wait for his response.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    @n311 do you have some remote access for me to have a look? I don't know what this might be on your end sorry.
  • mmm try using 127.0.0.1 <-- this is the most common localhost ip. and what captcha options you have in Tweet Demon/Tweet Attack?
  • yes i have Sven !! Pls check your PM

Btw, thanks very much for your effort Ozz, appreciate that !!

I'm trying to using 127.0.0.1 too but nothing there
  • @Sven, i cannot find where can i send PM to you. How can i share my teamviewer info with you then ? Pls let me know

tx

FYI, i'm in Hongkong/Singapore time

Oh such a different time zone :/

Well click my nick and there you can send a private message to me leaving your login data.

• Sven, 

Sorry i didn't check carefully that actually I can send PM to you. 

I did sent PM to you anyway with my personal skype details. 

Pls let me know when you are online, I can share screen with you

thanks
  • Has this question been answered or not?
    Seems a very important question to be passed off just like that!

Just out of curiosity, all those other buyers of CB... are you doing ok with the tool, or perhaps just letting it gather dust somewhere?

Anyone else care to come to our assistance on how to setup this tool the first time please?

Thanks in advance,
    I am still waiting for him to give me access to his server to check things out. I or @n311 will report back on progress.
  • @Sven.

I think I have setup my copy of CB quite well, but there are some instances where Captcha breaker fails to break a simple captcha, like ordinary numbers, which then popup on my screen randomly and I have to solve them myself.. this is despite having checked all captcha services, and having DeathByCaptcha as a back up.

So, are there any videos to show the basic setup?
    Also, why does CB fail to break simple tasks at times, or skip some captchas and have the words "skipped by settings" in the message field?

Thanks

skipped by settings means it's a low success captcha and you disabled it or have set an option to skip low success captchas.

For the "easy" captchas...save them (right mouse button on log) and send them to me and I have a look.

• Hey Sven.

I have a folder on my machine made specifically for failed captchas..
    Looking at it now, I'd say it's almost filling up.

Will email you the list in .zip format
  • So, what should the %age be on "Only try to solve if success rate is at least...?"
  • >10 is the default if i've understood Sven right
  • Thanks Ozz...actually left it at 10% a moment ago.
    Not sure why this slide should even be on there...one would assume the software comes with a default level of success.

But this is software after all..

Let's see what the outcome is when left at 10%
  • for the speed v.s. accuracy slider, what's the recommended setting here?
  • accuracy to the max
  • I am having trouble ending insolvable captcha's to DBC

This is my setup at the moment :

GSA SER - > 
  • OzzOzz
    edited March 2013
    whats your settings in CB? i don't know for sure, but maybe you need to uncheck "try to solve unknown captchas" there to make it work with DBC.

also you need to check your settings in project options. it has to be something like "use all services" instead of "use 1st service" only.
  • Setting in CB does not have "try to solve unknown captchas" .

Will check on project options, and get back to you. Thanks
  • Ozz, I checked - I have "use all services" checked in all options.  These are my CB settings:

• your settings seems fine to me. that said i have not that much experience with the use of a 2nd service.

sorry, but i have no idea how to help you anymore.
  • But its a feature of your software.  You have to option of a 2nd service.  Please sort it out, maybe I have discovered a bug here.
  • OzzOzz
    edited March 2013
    its not my software (in case your comment was directed to me). i'm just a user as you are.
  • Ozz, I didn't know - sorry. Thanks for your help. I guess the creators can help me sometime !