Skip to content

[Article] Artificial intelligence is changing SEO faster than you think

SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
Abstract:
By now everyone has heard of Google’s RankBrain, the new artificial intelligence machine learning algorithm that is supposed to be the latest and greatest from Mountain View, Calif. What many of you might not realize, however, is just how fast the SEO industry is changing because of it. In this article, I’ll take you through some clear examples of how some of the old rules of SEO no longer apply, and what steps you can take to stay ahead of the curve in order to continue to provide successful SEO campaigns for your businesses.

More here: http://techcrunch.com/2016/06/04/artificial-intelligence-is-changing-seo-faster-than-you-think/

Comments

• edited June 2016
    Google loves to big up what it is doing but really google has made zero innovations since the 90s and even then larry page and sergey brinn just stole the idea of ranking site with links from a university professor.

All I see now from google is that google just doesnt rank small sites.. spam or not-- I dont think that is innovative.

The only way to be seen on the "fixed" internet is to fill the internet through automation. gsa ser can still win everytime using parasite pages on big named sites.

Tis all a numbers game.

• Thanks @Sven

Worth reading article

I learn a lot and more importantly that in future if want to get rank in google stay niche oriented and backlinks also should be niche oriented.

Here are the screen shots which I feel more important. http://prntscr.com/bco8m3
    Any other suggestions from your side @Svenor from any other forum members to use GSA SER.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well indeed I also think is is very important to stay on your niche. It is always strange seeing your website linked on a totally different websites topic.

• redraysredrays Las Vegas
    @content32 - wish there was a way to like or thank you for this post, my thoughts exactly. All panda and penguin really did was make it impossible for independent players to go toe to toe with huge companies in ultra competitive niches, regardless of merit. Innovation indeed :\
  • @redrays

Those huge companies have way more money than you to spend on marketing anyways- so there's no point in trying to compete with them.
    @BigGulpsHuhWelp - Many people seem to hold this opinion. However, I continue to compete with huge companies that vastly outspend me and do just fine. I've had to (mostly) move out of the ultra competitive niches that were winnable in say 2010-2013, but there's still plenty of serp real estate out there. I'm thankful for the vast amount of misinformation published about seo because it leads to tons of poor investments and makes my job a lot easier.
  • londonseolondonseo London, UK
    @redrays - and one of that misinformation is about Joomla K2 which makes it easier for me
    :))
    @londonseo - well played :)
  • So basically the Future SEO will require advanced analysis and essentialy more money to recreate top dogs link profile ..On the mid-high level SEO i guess it wont be much of a difference,but as the man stated at the end of the article,both experienced and especially new SEO's will be forced to implement/aquire overall greater skills and data analysis then nowadays..Great read,never knew they got this AI thing already pimped up that way :)