Skip to content

Token in Articles

edited September 2012 in Need Help
Hey,

we just did a little test with some Wikis where we called random articles (out of a batch of, let's say 20 articles) from a folder with the %spinfolder token. The About Yourself field is filled with:

%spinfolder-C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\GSA FILL IN\ARTICLES%

In each of these articles in the ARTICLES folder we have put the <a href="%url%>%anchor_text%</a>  token. But it seems GSA doesn't convert them when it posts (we tried with Wikis this time).

If we do it like this it works:

%spinfolder-C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\GSA FILL IN\ARTICLES%

{More|Further Read|Read This For More|For More Infos read this}:  <a href="%url%">%anchor_text%</a>

So my questions is basically: Can GSA read the <a href="%url%">%anchor_text%</a> token, even though it's implemented in an external file (i.e. article1.txt) that is being called via the %spinfolder token? Or is there another way around it?

Cheers

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Would like to know this too :)

I wasn't using the %spinfolder% token but i was using..

{More|Further Read|Read This For More|For More Infos read this}:  <a href="%url%">%anchor_text%</a>

..at the end of my articles but have yet to see a verified link so im guessing i did it wrong?!

Or does it insert the links / anchor text automatically in article submissions?!

I want to use GSA SER for my article submissions cuz it's way faster and not a buggy piece of crap like AMR :)
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    To be honest, I have to see if that is working. But I don't see a reason why it should not. I try to test things more closely on this tomorrow and report here.
  • Thanks Sven, by the way when i was reading through the threads at BHW last night i found an AMR best practices post in which it says "Submit to the AMS sites first without a summary".. so since it seems AMS sites don't accept resource boxes maybe you could update GSA if you get a chance to do this also.

The full list of AMR best practices is below anyway im sure they also apply to GSA article submissions..

This is Taken Directly from AMR Support.

1. You chose the wrong category.
    2. Your title is in ALL CAPS
    3. Your title is all lower case
    4. You Did Not Capitalize Every Word In Your Title (Like This)
    5. You failed to preview your article before submitting and your Spun Title has errors and Your Title appears as "-error"
    6. You title is 5 sentences long
    7. You didn't check your article after or during the spin to see if it still makes sense.
    8. You submitted you article with a summary
    9. You didn't submit your article with a summary
    10. Your article was less than 500 words long
    11. You article was more than 500 words long
    12. Your article was rejected by a niche that doesn't publish articles that you submit (i.e. you write about online investing and submit to a directory that only wants female medical problems articles)
    13. The directory no longer exists
    14. The directory no longer is accepting articles.
    15. The directory has exceeded its bandwidth limitation (happens more and more with automated systems like AMR and others)
    16. Your article has links in the body (most only accept in the Author's Resource Box with a maximum of 2)
    17. Your resource box only has links and nothing about the author.
    18. You have a URL in your Title
    19. Your title matches another (duplicate title) - this may just be coincidence or you and the other million people that have tons of Private Label Rights (PLR) articles have submitted identical articles without spinning the titles. I use a duplicate title plug-in to automatically delete.
    20. Your title makes absolutely no sense whatsoever (or your summary or your article makes no sense)

Now here are a few suggestions for better acceptance of articles submitted with AMR. This is what I do - Your mileage may vary.

1. Write about 20 different titles and then spin them to create over 100
    2. Make sure that the first two sentences in your article are highly spun and use them for the summary also (or write a completely unique summary - also highly spun).
    3. Use plenty of adjectives and adverbs -these are easiest to spin
    4. Make sure you have at least 5 keywords comma separated
    5. Make sure you have about 5 category words comma separated
    6. Spin your URLs in your resource box with multiple keywords (use Google Keyword analysis and the URLer - should give you 50-100 keywords and phrases for your one Link)
    7. PREVIEW your article and make sure that it is properly spun and makes sense
    8. Submit to the AMS sites first without a summary
    9. Submit to the remaining sites with a summary.
    10. Wait a day or two and do a Live Link report and submit the links to pingfarm.com in bulk.
    11. Don't complain that you signed up for "x" number of sites, submitted to "x" number of sites, and only "x" number were accepted. Take the 100, 200, 500 or whatever links that were approved, ping them, and be happy. Move on to the next article.
    12. Check AMR about once per week and add new article directories. Directories come and go, so update weekly.
    13. Blacklist the directories that you are certain never accept anything from you.
    14. Use the built in thesaurus - it is a lifesaver and can provide a bunch of words to assist you in spinning articles. Adjectives and adverbs are the easiest to spin. Don't just pick every word - pick the ones that make sense.
    15. When submitting, select Status OK, and Submitted NO. For Live Link Report, Status OK Submitted Yes
    16. For Live Links, I do them individually, Author Home Page (fast), and Plain Text. Copy, Paste, and submit to pingfarm.com
    17. Take the time to manually spin phrases and complete sentences - not just individual words.
    18. Use your preferred keywords/phrases in the article if it makes sense. Don't go hog wild and stuff the article with your main keywords.
    19. Hunt around online for some Public Domain material related to whatever it is that you are submitting. .gov sites have tons of material. Just search for Keyword site:.gov
    20. Remember. If you are using PLR material, you and half the world may have the exact same articles. Make them as unique as you can for better results in the Article Directories and in the Search Engines.

1) Many article directories require an article that is 500 words or more, although in my experience, most are happy with anything > 400
    2) Don't put HTML in your body. That includes UL, EM, B, STRONG, A, and the rest. NO HTML. That is - unless you want more failed submissions

But then the only few verified links i've seen on article submissions so far are all profile links on article sites so does it actually post articles at all?! :O