Skip to content

Redirect PRO vs GSA SER URL Shortner

What's the main difference between the 2? Don't they do the same thing?

Redirect PRO creates short urls 301 redirects - gsa ser can do the same...
Redirect PRO has 1000+ shortners built in - I have a list of shortners of about 10k for GSA SER.

All in all aren't they the same thing? Or is it something that i'm missing?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Redirect PRO builds URL Shorteners, things that will not really help you getting links indexed unless you spread them somehow

SEO Indexer aim is to build short time links that get your backlinks indexed

SER can do both but at a limited way as those two programs use internal functions to do there jobs. Thats why you can e.g. import any URL with a URL Shortener Form on it and URL Redirector PRO will most likly success in submitting your link and getting the correct link to verify. Same for SEO Indexer.

• Thanks for the answer Sven, but i'm not interested in indexing, i'm interested in SEO value (building links).

Redirect PRO builds 301 redirects (url shortners) to your campaign links, right?

SER (which i already own and use) has the URL shortner platform / engine which creates the same kind of links (shortened 301 redirects).

In SER i can add my own url lists, so i have close to 10k url shortners, same thing i can do with Redirect PRO.

So question is, do they both create the same kind of links?
  • Redirect PRO is much better at shorteners.  SER doesn't tell you exactly what kind of links they are so you could be wasting your time blasting shorteners that won't help you.
  • @marc_l why is rdpro much better at shortners? "SER doesn't tell you exactly what kind of links they are" - they are all 301 redirects right? i've been using them ever since ser appeared.

the only thing i don't know for sure (i'm just guessing) : the links rdpro and ser (shortner engine) build are the same ? my guess is that's true, if the links are different, i just want to know why / how are they different.
  • gsa8mycowsgsa8mycows forum.gsa-online.de/profile/11343/gsa8mycows
    if you have scrapebox, it's got a mass url shortener addon
  • i know, i just wanted to know if there's an extra use for Redirect Pro in terms of seo (other than what ser or scrapebox + addon can do)
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    Why not use both

Before you start your project, take the links you are going to promote and run them thru the urls shortner and then mix the shorthened urls with the original urls and blast that with GSA SER.
    Next GSA SER will send them to GSA SEO Indexer for some more bang

What you end up is more link diversity and very deep linking.

• edited May 2015
    no. they are not all 301's. URP allows you to filter all but 301's, where SER does not. could be meta redirect, javascript etc.
  • Why would you want to filter the 301?