Skip to content

Although it has improved... Sven/Santos

Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
edited December 2014 in Need Help
Hey @Sven and @sant0s something is still very wrong with GSA search engine ranker, it could be the platforms fault obviously, perhaps they have updated their platforms and it is causing GSA SER to play up like this but from what I can see, I am still able to submit content, it is simply not being verified...

I haven't changed anything on my side in well over a year and considering a few months ago I was pooping out 200,000 - 500,000 verifieds per day, this is a major handicap for me now as you can see from the image below.

That's 335,020 submissions and only 8,531 verified links. But you must appreciate, I'm seeing these results coming from what I was achieving before is absolutely diabolical, If there is anything we are able to do in order to help sort this out, then sobeit, I don't want this software to become a shadow of what it once was.

Can one of you let us know if you're seeing anything wrong?

Comments

• Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    I'm seeing the exact same thing. Something is wrong in the verification process some where, just not sure what it is yet.
  • edited December 2014
    I remember the days when SER would go verify emails it would get tons of verified links each email check. Now not much verified links during email checking. Maybe its email verification issue...?
  • BlazingSEOBlazingSEO http://blazingseollc.com/proxy
    edited December 2014
    Not that I even use GSA SER anymore, but I do know a whole lot about scraping and automation and I want to just throw my 2 cents out to back up @Sven a little bit --- as months progress, so do anti-bot and platform coding. If they change just one HTML element on a v0.00001 update for that particular platform, that can screw up GSA SER to not work anymore. Also, web2.0 is the new "fad", and most web2.0's run javascript because that's just what the new web2.0 is all about - something SER can't handle a lot of the times.

It's a hard battle to fight with SO many engines for Sven to keep up with... really would be nice if a more cleaner, user-friendly, scripting engine would be available so that we could all contribute to keeping the Engines up-to-date.

Edit: I'm not denying there could be a bug in the verification process, because heck, what do I know anymore about SER :P. Just giving another outlook on the problems lately.
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    Indeed, if there is anything we could all do to help out, just say.

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Again to all that think it's a bug in SER or engines: GIVE ME THE URL THAT YOU THINK SHOULD WORK BUT DOES NOT! Thats all I need to debug things. Though hardly anyone is delivering this to me. 

@BanditIM, thats not all true. If they change something tiny, it's not a problem at all for SER to still submit to it as it tries to simulate a browser as much as possible. The form fields are filled by various methods (in one of the newer versions even by a global file with matching variable names).

edited December 2014
    @Sven should I just send you all my submitted urls?

I have over 400k submitted urls, I could dedupe them and send you the target domains if that may help? There are quite a lot though.
    Bahh no! Thats nothing I need. That leaves all the debugging to me. I need an URL where you think SER should have submitted something and get a verified URL. From your 400k URLs I guess most of them have a reson that they don't see a verified URL. Please check that manually before sending me the URL.
    Lol ok @Sven I will do my best and go through some tomorrow, thank you.
    @Sven I forgot to ask in out PM just now, when I add to the Generic_Fields file, does SER see the changes as soon as I update the file or do I need to restart SER for the changes to take effect?
    you have to restart ser sorry.
  • Would it help to send you a list of URLs that have been verified over a certain amount of time over and over (let's say past 5 months), but won't get verified now?
    @mmtj I think that would be good debug data for sven yes
    @mmtj I would say yes as long as those sites are still indeed up and working. Don't send @Sven sites that are down.

My next batch of sites i'm working on showed them waiting to be validated but never made it past that point. What i'm doing also with most of them is to join manually to see if they work. That's the only real way for Sven to know if the sites are still good or not.
  • I would combine a list of URLs that have been verified over and over since July 2014, October of 2014.

Then de-dupe them against each other, and then removed the domains that are still getting verified today, leaving just a list of sites that have been verified since July 2014 and are not working anymore.

It would only include articles, social networks and wikis though.
  • Lists sent to Sven. Not sure if it will help, but it cant hurt.

• edited December 2014
    I'm also having a major problem with contextuals.

I've been looking through my submitted URLs, and the vast majority of URLs do not actually show an article of mine.

The occasional URL does lead to an article of mine.

I can't remember if it has always been like this, but I have huge numbers of submitted URLs where actually the URL is not a URL for my article.

This suggests to me that an article was never posted. or that the URL returned is incorrect. Or is this just what is returned when an article goes for moderation? These are all sites that have verified for me in the past 3 weeks.

I have a lot of URLs returned that read something like:

http: //www.example.com/wp-login.php?action=register

http: //www.example.com/?q=user/register

http: //example.com/wp-login.php?checkemail=registered

But although they are counted as an article submitted, there is obviously no article there.

Is this normal?

This one is of interest to me:

http: //articles.al.lv/

That is the returned URL I have in my submitted list. Obviously, that won't verify for me, my article isn't there. But I can see that lots of other articles are being successfully submitted to that site somehow.

I don't know if any of this helps, just struggling to figure out what the problem is.
  • I also have problems with contextual links, hopefully we know more soon.
    @Scaramanga your interpretation of the "submitted URLs" is just wrong. The URLs you see in the list don't have to be the URL where the article is on. Usually those are links to reflect the site where the link will later be placed (after registration) or the real URL is still unknown as it will be discovered via a site search on verification.
  • Ok Sven, thanks.
  • We are having very low lpm (verified) as well.

I will dig into it a little deeper to see if I can find some links for Sven.