Skip to content

Show Diagram/Chart - Submissions

edited January 2013 in Feature Requests
I'd love to have the ability to view submissions over a set date period along with the verified links already present within the Show Diagram/Chart tool. This will allow users to view their success rates with certain sources, engine types, etc. If something like this could potentially be a resource hog, please make it an option to tick on/off.

This will provide CRUCIAL information to the community to help us improve our project verification rates and success with SER.

Comments

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    What About Also Adding
    1) Ratio of Submitted/Verified for date period. (This way you can see where you need to focus)
    2) Tickbox to select/deselect projects. I know you can do it by highlighting projects, but doing it within the diagram popup would be better. This way you can compare projects.

Feature sounds great, if we also have submissions to check out in the diagram. 
  • ronron SERLists.com

@grafx77 - I asked for something similar here: https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/1147/new-feature-submitted-today-verified-today-by-project

In addition to your reasons, what @GG said above is a concern for me to be able to see how many links you are building on a project level each day. There are many times I find that all I want is twenty links for a project homepage, but only one link was built for that project that particular day. Yet, I have 30,000 links built for other projects. All you can see is a grand total at the bottom. Unless of course you keep a spreadsheet with yesterday's final project totals to compare to today.

• @ ron and Global - thanks for the feedback. The ratio would be nice to have as well, but I would settle for just being able to track submissions period!!

@ron - yeah your post is somewhat similar, but quite different as well. We need the ability to track submissions over a set period of time and not just a column to view yesterday's total as well. Utilizing it within the Show Diagram/Chart tool would allow for this. This will enable us to view verification rates within a defined period, thus leading to more control over our data.

I wonder why Sven hasn't even spoken about this "must needed feature" yet? Too much work maybe?

@Sven - I know your probably busy with updates and ironing out kinks to the new Captcha Breaker, but do you think you would be able to implement this into a future update of SER? I know just about every single user is needing this feature, regardless if they know it yet or not.......
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Its on the to-do list but not as easy as you might think. The exact date when a submission was started is unknown to the program as there are many steps (register, verify email...).
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Sven - what about adding an optional removable column to show verified links in last 24 hours for each project? Is this possible? 
    possible as well yes
  • Thanks Sven! This will be a great improvement to the almighty, powerful SER! ;-)
  • UPDATE:

With version 4.91 -  We can now view our daily, weekly, monthly, or set date submissions. Right click project > Show URLs > Submitted URLs > on popup click Stats. :-)

So to view verification rates per engine/type of source, simply export your submission stats and verified stats, import them into Excel, and compare. Set a small division formula inside excel for instant verification percentages. There you have it!!
  • ronron SERLists.com

+1 for @sven for making that happen =D>

and...

+1 for @grafx77 for loading a lot more specific useful data features into the original request.

• @ron - thanks!

@Sven - tried to export the sub stats today, there seem to be a few problems....

1. Show URLs > Submissions > Export > All > .csv = The dates are wrong. It seems as if many of the dates are 1-5 days ahead, so I can't really sort anything according to dates. For example: My dates range from 1-10-2013 (today's date) to 1-15-2013.
    However, the Verified > Export do show the correct dates (1-5-2013 up till today 1-10-2013)

2. We need the ability to export to a text and/or .csv file within the Show Diagram/Chart. Currently it only lets you save as a bitmap, which isn't too helpful. Again, I am speaking of Show URLs > Submissions > Stats > Diagram/Chart > Save feature.

Thanks!

1. Thats normal as this is the date of timeout...the date when the URLs are removed if no successful verification is done.

2. How should that work? It's a graphic and you can not save it in any other format im afraid.

• 1. Ok then, is there anyway we can get an actual submitted date? Or do I just need to subtract all the submitted dates by 5?
    :-?

2. Come on now.....sure it's a graphic representation, obviously the graphic is made up of data, so it would be nice to export that data the graphic is representing. I suppose as a workaround, since you obviously don't want to do that, we can just use the export feature for both verified and submission, but I'd still like to know what to do about the submission dates posted in question 1.
    next version allows you to export the data with either timeout-date or submission-start one.
  • thank you!!