Skip to content

GSA Ser shuts down by itself

This has happened 2 times over the last 2 days now. When I logged into my VPS, I noticed that my SER was shut down since I last get it going the previous day. I did try to push SER to the limit with as many thread counts as the machine can handle.

I just want to know if the reason for the software to be shut down automatically when I am not around has anything to do with it crashing with overload of memory on the VPS?

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Hmm, its possible there might be something going on with memory which makes your VPS restart, but I'm not sure. 
  • It's not the VPS restarting, it's Ser getting shut down. All the other program like GSA captcha breaker, gscraper that I have on that VPS is still on and gscraper is still running, just the SER is shut off.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    hard to say. Is it closing without any exception window/box?
  • Hi @sven, when I logged into my vps, SER is just not there anymore, so I have to re-open the program and click start to run it again. It just disappears like that, not box/window.
    strange...and if you just lower the threads?
  • I'm done that earlier today, lowered it from 600 to 500. I also lowered my gscraper from 300 threads to 100 threads, not sure if this will help but I did it anyway.

So far, it is still there running, but when I check the next day (for the last 2 days) when I leave it overnight, the next day it will shut down. I will monitor and update this thread accordingly.
  • @sven, just to update that the software is still running and didn't shut down after I lowered the thread count. So pushing the server to the limit by increasing the thread count in SER will cause the software to shut down by itself?
    No, I think its more the VPS itself that shuts it down as it makes to much heat. I know such things exists. So ask your VPS provider.
  • Ok, thanks @sven. I'll ask my VPS provider about this.
  • Hi @sven, SER shuts down again this morning when I check. I sent in a support request to soliseovps, and below is their response. According to them, it is the software. Anyway we can diagnose the issue so that it won't keep shutting down?

Thanks for the update, your VPS up-time is 15 days since last restart,
    software running on your VPS will not shutdown by itself, also high server loads will
    not shut down a software running, 

we had no reports from other clients on the same server about software shutting down by itself,
    you may need to check your software and make sure that there is no error or issue that cause the software to close by itself.

you are not sharing the vps with other logins or? Else you can expect that of course.
  • Hi @sven, when you say sharing the VPS with other logins, do you mean sharing the same VPS with other user? If that's what you meant, then, no, this VPS is for my own use only, and by right, nobody has access to it other than the VPS provider.

If you meant sharing the VPS with other software, then I have gscraper, GSA captcha breaker on it.

Sorry then Im out of ideas. But as more and more users use SolidSEO VPS I have my daubts its a problem on SER or there VPS. Maybe some issue on the project?

Can you turn the log file on (right clcik on log window) and see what the last thing is in it when it crashes again?