Skip to content

Macros working or not?

I am using macros for titles and descriptions etc. But when I test it using the test button at the bottom, it shows that macro is itself present there in place of title.  Why is the macro not executing itself ? 
http://prntscr.com/3vzfmc

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Whats the use of using the same macro content for the macro variable?
  • No I am not using same macors for titles and description. But the problem is that It looks like macros are just there and they do not work or I am getting confused on how do they work. @Sven I am asking that why test shows the macro itself instead of macro content. 
    Because you use the macro in the field being the macro itself. If SER would start taking content for that field and insert it, it would recursively insert a new macro and soon you would get a overflow of calls calling itself. Hard to explain but it's just a logical thing if you think about it.
  • Ok Just want to know that macros work the way should work during the submission process or they still look like as in the test window ? Sorry But confused here :(
    just use the macro not in the same macro content field and all is fine.
  • I am not getting here that what is the difference between macro and macro content ? Can you give me an example plz ?
  • Website_title is a field which when filled in can then be used as a macro in other fields. For instance, if you put 'My Great Website' in the Website_title field, in a description field you could put 'Take a look at my website named %website_title%', and this would result in 'Take a look at my website named My Great Website'. But putting %website_title% in the Website_title field is not going to achieve anything, as it would simply try and replace itself with itself.
    Much better explained @cherup, thanks :)
  • Hi @AsimNawaz, not sure if this helps... but in my Website Title field I enter,

%Anchor_Text%