Skip to content

Scripting question

Hi,

I think I've almost successfully created a script for a certain engine, but I'm afraid it's not submitting my article correctly. I imagine that SER is doing a form submit after whatever in [STEP*] has been executed, but there is no such thing on the page I'm trying to submit, instead the button to publish looks like this:

<input name="content[save]" title="bla bla bla.. or use the hotkey" class="Xaction" accesskey="e" type="submit" value="Save">

I've changed some of the text as I want to keep the engine a secret as I believe I've struck gold. I know it's very selfish and yet I'm still asking for help how to make SER do a submission when the "submit" button's html is the above.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

use...

form name=*Save

and SER should pick the right form and button unless there are more than one Save buttons.

• Hmm.. I did try using that, but I might have made you confused. The form name is "editpage", so I can't see how what you wrote will function. While using "form name=editpage", I can see while debugging that the article is properly inserted, but when I visit the url where it's supposed to have been published there is nothing. That's why I suspect that it's not finding the save button correctly.
  • edited May 2014
    Oh, I just read the description for "form name" a little more carefully in the doc, and I've got another script working great now although this one is still causing me trouble. Shame on me for being too impatient thinking I had it all figured out. I'll dive deeper and try to figure out where my problem is with this script.

I appreciate the help and you may ignore my previous post.