Skip to content

New - Need Help

edited April 2014 in Need Help
Alright, I'm new to GSA and a few issues so far.

First - Google seems to know that I'm somehow using GSA. It's saying that its "detecting unusual activity"  I'm using 10 proxies and have checked to use proxies for Submitting, Verifying, and Search Engines. I have also marked my proxies as private on the list. I'm running 15 threads.

Second - I have an extremely low LPM (Under 1). I am only able to run 15 threads, if I go any higher my internet comes to a complete crawl.

Thanks for the help! Let me know if you need screenshots of any settings to further diagnose my program! :)

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Your router is usually the cause of a slow inter connection with many threads. Think of buying something better, more stable.

However google should not ban you if you have a high waiting time between search queries. Don't take anything below 90. At least 60.

• Wow, thanks for the quick reply.

The router issue is something I've been reading about, however; I'm not quite sure how this works.

I have a ISP assigned CABLE modem, which also is a router.

How do I know this is a router issue and not a modem issue?

If I put the modem in bridge mode and bridge it over to a high quality router would this solve that issue?

As for google detecting unusual activity, if I'm using proxies, shouldnt they have no idea that the traffic is coming from me?

Naw get yourself a router with modem in it. I can always suggest AVM. They have great support and never had problems with this hardware.

proxies: yes, your IP should be safe.

• I live in Canada, is there any other type of modem that works well with GSA in North America?
    Sorry Im no expert in networking and especially not in hardware. Maybe someone else can recommand something for you.