Skip to content

Possible bug witht thread blocking

Hi all

I am testing posting on my new database of links on two different servers. On both of them I have the same very strange problem.
My GSA SER is set up for 100 active threads but after about 12 hours I sometimes see only one active thread and no activity in logs. When I try to stop my GSA SER I see in logs "Waiting for active threads to finish". It is stuck. I can't even close my GSA SER. I have to close it using Task manager. After starting new GSA SER after clicking START button I am back on 100 active threads.

What should I do with it? I think that it is a bug. I am not sure if its because of my new database or it has started after one of uptades.

Please help.
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

If you see this happening again try to send a bugreport from the help menu with this thread as note.

• Thanks Sven I will try to do it. It is happening on both servers so tomorrow morning I will have the same problem for sure.
  • @Sven I have send 3 bug reports from 3 different servers with the same error. Please let me know if you find what cause this problem.
    found something to improve but it seems you have a very high value on options->filter->max size to download. This also causes a lot memory usage on spammed sites + a lot time parsing the webforms.
  • Ok. So I will try to reduce it. Can you tell me what is an optimal value?
  • @Sven I had 3 MB but I think it was set be default. I have never changed it.
    1MB is default.