Skip to content

How long before I notice increase in rank?

Hi All, I've been running and started my 1st ever seo campaign and also my 1st ever campaign on GSA. I have GSA, GSA Captcha breaker, Indexor.

How long will it be before I notice any increase in rank?

Thanks

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    It's impossible to say, it depends on too many factors.
    If your on-page SEO is good you could start to see something within a few days, or it could take a few months.
  • what about from your personal experience, what's average?
    To see an increase i would say a couple of weeks.
  • Would you say 200 submissions a day is overkill?

Since sunday. Stats are as follows

submitted 3505

verified 704
    Most people would say it's too much i think. Depends on the age of your site.
    There's no right and wrong answer. You just have to do it and see what happens.
    And be prepared that you will kill sites, it's inevitable. But you learn from it.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited April 2014

@lisaser - I think it's a little heavy IMHO. I try to get 5-10 verified per day, and then gradually each week turn up the volume.

I tend to hunt the big terms (like 50,000+ searches per month), so for me I usually don't see much for at least 6 weeks.

If you are going after smaller terms (less than 5,000), and it isn't too competitive, you can see results in weeks, even days. It has more to do with the freshness factor more than anything.

This is where you need to start documenting all the variables in a spreadsheet. I strongly recommend you do that. This is your first swing at the plate. So take the time to put it on paper (excel) - it will help you immensely on subsequent campaigns. 

• what would you recommend, might be a bit overkill by sounds of it
  • You should experiment and see what works for you. Most of us have been doing this for over 10 years (myself included). There's no way you can learn all of that in a few shorts weeks or months....even with someone teaching you full time. Even we're having trouble ranking/etc from time to time. My best advice to you is practice, practice, practice. You will probably fail miserably for up to 1 year....before you see any success. The SEO industry is not overnight success anymore. Unless you're very lucky.
  • hi gsa guy,

i wasn't aware that gsa had been out for 10 years! thats a long time it's been out!

from your 10 years of experience, what is your average ranking time from really a non competitive local website in my local area?

you sound like the guy with the knowledge and using GSA for 10 years :O
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited April 2014

@lisaser - Ahhh, you said local. That is a lot easier. I would not pound it as hard as you have been doing. I would dial it back to 10 per day since you just got started, and if you can afford an indexer, I would use one of the services here.

I bet that you can rank pretty quickly and pretty easily. It is so much different than going after the big national terms.

• @ron

It's a local website for my services, when i do a search for my keyword in google.

1st keyword - About 656,000 results (0.42 seconds

2nd keyword - about 270,000 results

I have GSA, GSA Captcha breaker, Indexer service. :)

So you think I should dial it back to 10 verified? or is this too low?

• edited April 2014
    @lisaser - if you have a site you care about, do everything slowly and use tiered approach. In the meantime create 3 - 5 experimental sites and increase verified amount to 100, 200, 500, 1000 and 1500 a day. Experiment with anchor texts and spy on your competitors. After 1 - 2 month you will see which one of your sites was at least a temporary winner. Learn your lessons, rinse and repeat.
  • @rayban

how do i spy on my competitors?

• edited April 2014
    @lisaser check out http://ahrefs.com and http://www.majesticseo.com . The best backlink checker's according to me. Ahrefs is a bit more expensive but has a larger index.
  • contrary to what the otehrs are saying about only one or two links per day to money site you can be alot more heavy handed form my exp. i have done up to 100 thousand in the firs month or tow, it is the link type that matters more than the amount i think- contextuals all the way!
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited April 2014
    @lisaser - You have to experiment, and how many of these links get indexed matters.

It's an old trick, but one thing I like to do is just buy a few domains, and stick in spun content. Then try to rank with whatever different strategies for linkbuilding you choose; i.e., 10 per day, 50 per day, 100 per day, etc. If you then see the ranking hitting around 50 in the search results, only then take it seriously and start re-doing the content for real. Otherwise, why bother putting in all that work until the website is in play...

You can use ahrefs and majesticseo for free (like 10 queries per day) and get a general idea of how things look from a link profile standpoint. You can also use these 2 services to analyze your competition (the first 5-10 websites ranking for that term). I would be looking at the competition first before setting up a project. You need to assess if you can even get in the top 5-10 to begin with, ideally the top 3.

You have the indexing service which is a huge deal and a huge help. So good move on that.

Lastly, I never analyze competition by looking at the number of search results. Pointless. You only look at the top 5, assess how "authoritative" the sites are, their backlink profiles, etc. And then make your decisions from there.
  • as ron said ...i experienced same ..

lower search results (<5000) and low competition takes a few days
    if i use some (>5000) it can takes a few weeks ..
    the higher you go the longer you have to wait ..i would say
  • @lisaser - both majesticseo and ahrefs are good. I would suggest to use both, sometimes ahrefs does now show 301 redirects. If they are there majestic will show them even in free version.

When doing tests, I would change my content only if the site gets to the 1st page and only if it is really horrible. Otherwise you can always add some paragpraphs and hide everything else with read more or + button. Good luck.
  • Lisa - if you are trying to drive immediate leads to your business via spam, let me suggest that you try ranking a parasite rather than your own personal site. Parasites are much more receptive to spam and almost immediately rank over night, especially in local serps. Google Terry Kyle parasite seo or Eli bluehat seo.
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited April 2014
    Web 2s do work, no doubt about it, but you can do exactly that same thing with a brand new domain and see good results. I've ranked tons of low/medium comp lead gen sites this way (and they don't always burn either). 

On a side note, I really miss the bluehatseo blog, there was some timeless stuff on there.
  • ohhhhhh noooooooooooooooooooooo :(:(

I have been testing GSA on a friends website, as she said it was ok...

she was sitting in 11th position... and was on 1 position on 2nd page, i've just been using gsa running a sideline campaign and shes now dropped to like 16th position !! :S
  • and her other keywords dropped as well...

how can i stop this?
    It's normal when you first starting building links to see a drop in rankings before they climb higher sometimes.
    Some people refer to it as a "dance". Keep building links, wait a few days and if the rankings come back up then all is well. If they don't come back up, then i would guess the types of links you were creating were not great. Try to focus on "Contextual" links for your money site... Articles, Social Networks, Wiki's etc.

That is very general advice because without very specific info it's difficult to give a very specific answer.

Hope it helps.

• I ended up buying a 7 tier data pack for $25 for her.. as i wanted to try on hers as well, since she was already at page 2 on position 1 and I was sure I could get her to page 1 :S

Starting to panick a bit, as shes been stable there for ages.. like months and all of a sudden i thought i could do it for her but looked and got a text of her to say rankings have dropped and i looked and they have dropped.

if they are crap links, how can i remove them with gsa?
    I can't remember off the top of my head, but there is info on the forum on how to do that.

Don't panic or make a move just yet. Adding links/removing links may do more harm than good. You need to first determine that your ranking has permanently dropped.

So wait a few days and keep building good links. If you stop building links while you wait you'll never know if the ranking drop was because of the links or because you stopped building links.

I should also say... It could just be coincidence. Google changes the rankings regularly so ranking drops are normal, as long as you see a positive trend over time, you are doing the right things.

• Ok, think am gonna leave GSA for a few days and switch to manual web 2.0s with contextual links in em..
  • i do think it's crazy how using gsa and then all of a sudden a drop :-S on a site thats been at same position for months..
    Nah it happens. Google see's the links and start to re-evaluate where your site belongs in the rankings.

• Link velocity. You've changed something (ie. link building), they're getting picked up by Google and now G is evaluating. It's a Google Dance. It will be back and if the on-page is good, which it sounds like it was, then it will get into the top ten from #11. I bet that the reason why it wasn't in the top ten was backlinks. With perfect on-page I can hit page 2 on a brand new site (for months, I've tested this) and then when you add in link building it will 'dance' then move up on easy keywords. 

Just take it easy, read more about link building, take in all of the info you can on SER and how to create good, solid campaigns and you'll be ranking in no time. It's not rocket science but there is a 'science' to it. Even if you accidentally stumble on the ability to rank a site, break it down and look at why and how it's happened, so you know for next time or if you get a penalty.

Don't get too attached to a domain name either. They're replaceable if you screw something up (speaking from experience here ;))
  • Thanks for all help guys!

BUT

THE SITE IS DROPPING HARD ITS NEARLY AT BOTTOM OF 2ND PAGE NOW!

How can i sort this, they can't change domain...

what the hell am i suppose to do, all this has happened since using GSA :(