Skip to content

Catchall Emails or Unique Email Accounts on your Domain ?

catchallseocatchallseo www.catchallseo.com <- Disposable Emails NO MORE!
edited October 2014 in Need Help
What works best for GSA SER Ranker?

Should I go for catchall email option or get my VA to create thousands of email accounts on my domain each month?

I have no problem with creation of different unique accounts on my domain. I am just asking suggestion: Isn't it better for GSA to login different email accounts for separate verification?

According to one of the Catchall email service providers: http://seospartans.com/catch-all-emails/features/

• 1 Unique Catch Email Accounts on a Domain is recommended for 0-50 LPM.
  • 3 Unique Catchall Email accounts on 3 separate domains is recommended for 50-150 LPM
  • 5 Unique Catchall Email accounts on 5 separate domains is recommended for 150-250  LPM
  • 10 Unique Catchall Email accounts on 10 separate domains is recommended for 50-150 LPM

*Recommended LPM – It’s just a reference for optimum GSA SER performance. And it’s mostly targeted at people who would like to run 1 email on multiple 400+ LPM servers.

Sure you can do this but you will start hitting that 200mb limit really fast. Not only will your SER performance suffer but any emails you receive while your inbox is full get bounced!

Yes the inbox cleanup feature and large inbox space mean that you will have to push SER really hard to max out a single inbox but be smart. When using emails on multiple servers OR when running SER really fast, spread it out over multiple inboxes and you will be fine.

Are they true on their above instance? I have not yet tested it? Does LPM have to do with unique version of email accounts?

Please throw light on it. It would be appreciated.

Comments

• HinkysHinkys SEOSpartans.com - Catchalls for SER - 30 Day Free Trial
    Hello, I'm the owner of the above service. 

"Are they true on their above instance? I have not yet tested it? Does LPM have to do with unique version of email accounts?"

LPM doesn't have much to do with unique email accounts. Also, this is far from an exact science so these numbers are there to give you a rough estimate. For example, you can run a single catchall with MUCH MORE than 50 average LPM if you set the inbox cleanup system to automatically delete emails older than 1-2 days.

However, you will have less time to verify links and depending on your setup, you might have so many emails in that 1 inbox that it will start to affect your performance.

On the other hand, you can run a 50 LPM setup with 3 catchalls set to automatically delete emails older than 3 days. This way it will work EXACTLY like it does if you had unique accounts because there's more than enough headroom there.

Also, the catchall advantage over unique emails is that you don't have to constantly swap those accounts. Just import your catchall(s) in all your projects and you're pretty much done. You may want to swap those accounts once / month (which comes included in the service) but other than that, you pretty much don't have to touch the email verification tab.

But if you don't mind paying your VA to handle emails for you (create new accounts for each new project and delete old ones), then I guess it's pretty much the same thing from your perspective.

"Isn't it better for GSA to login different email accounts for separate verification?"

GSA SER can handle catchalls without a problem, it knows which emails / account details / confirmation links belong to which project. So there's no problem there.

However, if you don't really follow the above LPM guideline and you don't set the inbox cleanup system properly, you will probably slow SER down.

Also, here's a pro tip when it comes to catchalls:
    You should use multiple catchalls if possible and no more than 1-2 / project.
    If you just import something like 10 of them in each project, you will have a bad time. This means that each project will have to parse emails from all 10 catchalls. And if you have something like 100 projects, that's seriously going to bottleneck your setup.

Naturally, unique email accounts for each project is the better option performance wise but it takes more time to maintain. (However, as I've said before, if you use enough catchalls for your particular setup, it will perform just like if you were using unique email accounts).

• catchallseocatchallseo www.catchallseo.com <- Disposable Emails NO MORE!
    edited October 2014
    So please summarize it now honestly:

What's better?

1) 600 unique email accounts for 100 Projects simultaneously running?
    2) Unique Email Accounts generated from 3 catchall email accounts for 100 projects?

On the other hand, you can run a 50 LPM setup with 3 catchalls set to automatically delete emails older than 3 days. This way it will work EXACTLY like it does if you had unique accounts because there's more than enough headroom there

3 Catchall emails performance equal to 50 unique email accounts?

sabahat
    Catchall emails don't generate unique email accounts. When you use a catchall (or more of them), GSA SER "creates" a new fake email account on each submission and all emails that fake account receives go to catchall's inbox.

You shouldn't be looking into catchalls for better performance or whatever. It's the same performace as with disposable emails (or maybe even a bit less if you're trying to build too many links over too many projects without using enough catchalls).

3) That was just an example to illustrate the point. You can replace 1000s of disposable email account with 1 catchall with the same performance. Hell, you can have something like 5000k projects each building 10 links / day with just 1 catchall. 
    The only bottleneck is the speed at which you're building links. (i.e. the amount of emails you're receiving)

As to answer your question, I'd take catchalls over disposable emails any day of the week, it's just more practical. :)
  • HI, I sent support to seospartans.com but I recived "Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender".

I bought an account but email doesn;t work when I testing in my GSA. It return error.

If someone from seospartans is here please contact.
    So at the end of the day if you have a freedom to get disposable emails on your server, you can prefer it over catchall to speed up the process a bit. But practically setting up catchall emails is hell easy as compare to disposable ones. However for me its not. I have a programmer who have designed something for me. I can get 1000 disposable emails on different CPANEL accounts. And I can get them deleted in no time.
    @diperts, sent you a PM