Skip to content

How to use #file_link macro's

edited October 2014 in Need Help
Hello all,

New user here, an I'm somewhat overwhelmed by the options GSA has to offer. Already got some campaigns running, but I have still have the feeling it's gonna take me weeks to fully grasp this wonderful program. 

Currently I'm experimenting with a tutorial on how to create unique non-English content. However, I don't know how to create #file_link macro's. Here is what I have to do, but it sounds like total gibberish to me. Anyone able to guide me a bit?

Save the textfile and now use the #file_links macro to create articles with it. The principle of this macro is, that it takes an amount of lines from a textfile and joins them together. #file_links[sample.txt,2,S] will take 2 random lines and join them with a single space.

To create an article you could go like this:

#file_links[sample.txt,5,S] %link% #file_links[sample.txt,5,S]

#file_links[sample.txt,10,S]

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well of course the content is not really readable. I don'T know whats in your sample file but the reuslt is what this macro makes out of it.
  • edited October 2014
    Hello Sven,

I meant the instructions are gibberish to me :) In other words, I have no idea where/how to produce this macro.

I also know the produced content will be gibberish (it's just picking a random article out of 1000's of sencentes), but that should be fine for tier 2-3 non-English content according to the guy that wrote the tutorial. Don't know if it's true, but that's why I'd like to test it.

But to continue and test this, I need to know is how to set up this macro in GSA.

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    edited October 2014
    Read here please.
  • Great read.

Obviously I needed to use it in the article body and it's working now. Took me a while to figure it out, but with your help I succeeded. 

Thank you!