Skip to content

Help with settings in SER and CB - Currently getting CB solves of lower than 40%

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help with optimum settings in SER and CB for maximum solving of captchas

I currently have CB set in SER then in CB I have set CaptchaTronix as recaptcha service (only recaptchas). According to captcha breaker the captcha service is achieving 93%, but overall CB success rate is 38%.

I have all selected in CB. Perhaps I should be filtering these? However, I was running CB with same settings only a few weeks ago and getting 70-80% overall.

I'm a bit stuck - not sure what to do with this? Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    How exactly are you calculating success rate? The success rate is going to entirely depend on the types of captchas being sent to it. 

If you're getting a lot of hard to solve captchas, the success rate is going to appear lower, if its hitting a lot of captcha types CB is capable of solving, success rate is going to appear higher.

If anything, success rate should have been improved with the last update.
  • edited October 2014
    Hi @s4nto0s

Thanks for responding. I am not a seasoned GSA and CB user, just been using them both for about 6 weeks, so still getting familiar.

I'm just going by the 'Recognised:' figure at the bottom of CB. I reset it just an hour or so ago (I've been getting around 35-40% the last few days) currently it says "Recognised: 201/552 (36%)". Then on the right it says "Service: 111/119 (93%)". I only use the service for recaptchas.

I see what you mean though, I have CB to try to solve everything (apart from recaptcha), so I guess it might be doing particularly difficult captchas at the moment??

Should I filter what CB tries to solve?

I don't want to get bogged down with captcha solve rates if it is irrelevant. What matters is maximum verified links, so just want to make sure I am setting everything optimally for links.

Well in terms of CB, its about as set and forget as it gets but you can forward the more difficult captchas with lower solve rates to a third party service. 

Some of the hardest captchas were Recaptcha, Mollom & Solve Media. Mollom was recently added to CB at around 50% solve rate, but Recap and Solve Media should still be forwarded. I'm not sure if any third party captcha service can solve Solve Media.

There might be a few more but I can't think of them off the top of my head. :/
  • I just want to make sure that I am squeezing as many verified links as possible from my lists. 

I will just leave CB to it then and it will just solve what it can. I already have recaptchas taken care of with CaptchaTronix, so perhaps I'll look into a solution for solve media types, but for now I'll just leave as is.

I guess I was just a little concerned I had messed something up when I was seeing around 40% solve rate - thanks for your help @s4nt0s

Sure, no problem :)