Skip to content

Profile Info Get's Deleted When Re-Using Accounts

edited October 2014 in Bugs
Hi @Sven,

Im not quite sure if this is a bug or not but for some reason every time I "delete history" in ser and it asks "do you want to delete account data?" I usually select no.

The problem happens when SER comes across forum profiles. Because of the fact SER is not re-registering, SER seems to simply delete all the previous content that existed that previously on the forum profile and insert new info.

I though SER would simply skip or ignore sites that it could not add additional content to.

Is this a bug or did you design it to perform like this?

Side Note: I noticed that it does not do this with "every" profile but I know certain platforms such as (SEO Board) seems to have this problem.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well it can not really add new content on some engines. A profile is a profile and if you want to submit there again, it will create new content as the profile page is a fixed url.
  • edited October 2014
    That I understand, but what I don't understand is why does SER replace the profile information instead of leaving it alone?

SER seems to log back into the profile, remove what already there and then add new content instead of simply skiping it since it's a profile link.
    some people want it like this. They want it to replace it with fresh/updated things.
  • Ahh, I see. I guess I would have to move this thread into the feature requests.

Would it be possible to add an option within project settings to disable this?
    well this is not really a comman setup to rewrite/overwrite existing account data. I guess this will not be added sorry.