Skip to content

service for google manual penalty recovery

edited September 2014 in Other / Off Topic

My site recently just got hit by a manual penalty and I am very noob and don't know how to recover from this.

If you have used any professional services in the past that can help me in bringing this penalty down. Can you please recommend me some services?
Thanks

Comments

• spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited September 2014
    Clone the content to a new domain with new IP, ditch the old domain and start over. Don't bother with reconsideration requests or paying someone to 'recover' from a penalty, it will take months and isn't guaranteed.

While you're doing that, set up 5 other sites and diversify further. The only way to survive and make a living from SEO is to accept that sites have a short shelf-life. It is horrible, you will hate Google, you may even want to 'do a Tim McVeigh' on the Googleplex as I do right now, but that is life.
  • Best advice ever ^^

Don't even try and make amends, a new domain is less than $10 and even then you never own it, you basically rent it, so don't get attached to it.
  • Just to add, I've found that brandname.co.uk can be switched to brandname.uk and brand-name.uk then brand-name.co.uk and possibly then even brandname1.co.uk etc etc.

You don't even have to ditch the 'branding' if you're clever (and those domains aren't taken already). For example it's a bastard changing your company's Facebook URL every few months, and they limit it to 2 changes only. If you can get a domain very similar to your slapped one, you can then keep the Facebook URL as well.
  • edited September 2014
    The thing is this is a brand, and not a churn and burn site so I can't change domains.

Also I just checked the manual action now and it is a penalty on partially on a page.
  • Then use Link Research Tools, if you have the cash for it, it'll find the links and you can Disavow them. Worked with a site I had a penalty for 8 months - I didn't try very hard to get the penalty lifted but bought a few tools and only LRT worked. Bit pricey but if you are making a lot of money with the domain then it'll be worth it.

• I've gone through this a few times. Google penalty remediation is a pain in the arse. If you outsource it, it won't be cheap.

1. Google will not just let you disavow. You have to make a good faith attempt to contact webmasters to remove links, and show this to Google. It's spreadsheet time.
    2. If you used SER, there is a link removal tool. If you can use this tool, it should go a long way. If you run the tool, export the list of all links that SER removed. You can send this to Google. I wouldn't mention SER. Just tell them you got them removed.
    3. You can get a list of most of your links for free from Google Webmaster Tools. 
    3. Take the link list from GWT, and run it through Majestic's bulk link checker. You are looking for links that have Citation Flow that is much higher than Trust flow. Links that you would try and remove based on CF/TF
    30/5, 5/18, 15/85, etc.

I have no affiliation but I heard http://www.rankrescue.com/ is decent. 
    edited October 2014
    If you had bought brand-name.com last week when you posted this and 301d brandname.com to it, you'd have all your rankings back now.

I did this to one of my domains, I'm at 80% what I was pre September 22nd.
  • Hey guys, my site was also hit by a manual penalty and I came across this video http://www.jellyfish.net/blog/seo-best-practices-in-manual-penalty-removal/ and I found it really helpful. It's a step by step guide to recover from a manual penalty. Hope this helps :)

• @seonoob123‌: SERlists just released our guide to penalty remediation. It takes you through it step by step.
    Why bother with 'penalty remediation' just 301 it to a new domain FFS.
  • Why bother with 'penalty remediation' just 301 it to a new domain FFS.

I Agree just cut your losses claim some link juice back and then start again!

Hey guys, my site was also hit by a manual penalty and I came across this PPC video http://www.jellyfish.net/blog/seo-best-practices-in-manual-penalty-removal/ and I found it really helpful. It's a step by step guide to recover from a manual penalty. Hope this helps
    And presumably you have no connection to that website...?
    :-?
  • As everyone that knows what they are talking about has said... clone and 301 it.
  • I think what they said is if Site A get penalty just do 301 redirect any page on Site A to New Domain Site
  • "I think what they said is if Site A get penalty just do 301 redirect any page on Site A to New link building service Domain Site"

The only thing I would add is that if you 301 the URL through a link shortener like bit.ly to really clean the negative authority.