Skip to content

How many domains make a good enough high pr blog network?

How many high pr domains is a good amount to start ranking sites? I am currently building my own private network. someone told me that 5-10 high pr domains is good enough to rank for low/med level rankings... Is this true?

Comments

• Maybe low keywords, but 10 links isn't enough to rank for a med keyword; even if they are PR3 or more.
  • Theirs no magic number. It depends on the site metrics.You need higher TF and or DA/PA if you have less domains or vice versa. It's really just math at the end of the day. Regardless, you can increase the strength of your PBN by using SER with hiqh quality settings.

• How does this work? I hear this 'PBN' I'm not familiar of how this works can someone tell me? 
  • @sweepicker - do you put links in random pages/posts or sidebar/footer on front page ? First method has no limits, but for 2nd one you can only have few of them (you can make them not site wide).
  • @sweeppicker - sorry, misspelled your nickname. Take a look at my last post.
  • @Rayban. I always make my links contextual because they are considered to be the most powerful type of link. I also power up each post on my PBN domains to increase the PA and overall DA. Many of my domains have gone from a TF of 10 to TF of 30+ in 3-4 months and the rankings show. If I had an unlimited budget I would just buy more powerful domains but unfortunately I don't.  I use my PBN exclusively to target high competition, high volume, exact match terms. 
  • easypeasyeasypeasy easypeasy.rocks
    everything under 100 domains is just a toy =)
  • mikelmmikelm Sofia, Bulgaria
    lol, if you do it right and have good content and good domains, even 5-10 sites are enough (if you keep it 100% private and don't sell links). i managed to rank a few low comp keywords with only 4 links from PR3-4 sites (homepage links, where the high pr actually is).
  • They must have been very low comp terms if you were ranking with just 4 links.
    haha, exactly. i was talking about networks with a minimum pr of 3, with lots of pr5's and pr6's in it too. even when I said '100 domains', that's also minimum. every link will help of course, even if you only have access to 10 sites, but if you don't want to just play around and want to do serious business (and also want to earn serious money) I'd suggest you have several networks with at least 100 domains in each of them.
  • @ TheGreene PBN = Private Blog Network
  • @sweeppicker what kind of links are u building to increase the TF?
  • edited September 2014
    Tranza  I only build contextual do-follow links. I use a combination of GSA  and blog networks. My PBN consists of 50 domains.   In terms of building your network you have two options: If you have a lot of capital you can buy powerful domains and rank fast (1-2 months) or you can buy less powerful domains and build up their authority with tools like GSA, blog networks, etc,  and rank slower (3-4 months). I tend to do a little of both depending on the project.

easypeasy  A blog network is only as good as the trust and quality of the domains.  It really depends on the power of your links and to a lesser degree the amount of referring subnets from my experience.  e.i. - I've ranked medical terms up to 100k searches a month to page 1 with just a half dozen powerful homepage links. Of course 100 powerful domains is better than just 50. No disagreement there ;)

the search volume doesn't mean much, especially in health/medical =). i hate it all the time when people are measuring the value of their keyword by its search volume. it just says NOTHING about the competition for that keyword (nor the value). again: especially in health/medical. for most keywords in that niche the traffic is just worth nothing. where I need 10 visitors to make a sale/lead you will need hundreds or 1000 visitors to make a sale/lead with some of those keywords. no offense, but it's like that =)

if it's one if the big terms worth something, you will not get far with your 50 blogs. they will be like a drop in the bucket, especially because you don't want to post to all your blogs all the time. it's a large footprint that can be used algorithmically easily if you post to all your blogs the same links.

your blog network domains don't need to be hosted on completely different subnets, but the more differsity, the better. it's not that it will not work if you host all your domains on one ip range, but the probability your network is getting caught (algorithmically) is quite large. and since most people spend some serious amount of money and work to their blog network, I would suggest you spend some energy into hosting it properly too.

• edited September 2014
    easypeasyThe keyword Im targeting is  extremely profitable and competitive. $XX,XXXX per month and the competition is fierce.  You can't predict the number of links it will take to rank page 1 WITHOUT considering the site metrics and other factors. Their is no magic number. It's only a best guess. One person says 50, one person says 10, one person says 100. etc. Absolutely impossible. 
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    ^^ Yea there are many factors and sometimes PBNs work better or worse than expected.

To answer the original question... As a starting point, i always suggest 20 sites is a decent number. That should get you some traction in less competitive niches.

At the other end of the spectrum, if you can't rank with 100 PBN links then you are going into super competitive waters and those are filled with sharks with big wallets and big appetites. Not recommended unless you know what you are doing.
  • This is where taking the time to figure out what niches pay a good amount compared to the search volume.Most good affiliate programs don't use networks. Keyword research, then find companies that will pay per lead/sale etc Strike up your own deal with them ;)