Skip to content

Can't Save Results

When I've run the software I select the Save option and I give the file a name, but when I go to the output folder that file is not there.

Also, it is a text file that is being saved. But I'd like to save all data including URL, type of link and page rank. This is because I want to sort the page rank and link type in Excel in order to be selective about the quality of links that I upload to my indexing service.

So how do I do that?

Thanks.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    make sure you save to a location where the program is not restricted to do so.
  • By default, the applications asks me to save it to the program folder, which my PC seems to disallow.

So I save it to my My Documents folder. Except I only have the option of saving it as a text file. Therefore when I open it with a text editor I see a huge mass of data all squashed together.

I want to be able to save it in a format that will enable me to edit the file by page rank, type of link, etc. But this cannot be done with a text file.

If I change the extension from .txt to .csv I get a similar file which seems to be tab separated.

SUGGESTION: How about making it possible to save as a csv file directly from the application after it has completed its run. That way all data will be available in it original integrity within columns which can be opened in Excel and edited and filtered in the same way as any other csv or xls file.

I am astonished that this application does not do this!

Or perhaps I'm doing something wrong here?

Please advise.

Thanks.
    I don't know what program you use to edit spreadsheats but all programs I know can read a tab formated text file.
  • Er, Excel.

So why is the output file not a csv file?

Why should a txt file be preferable to a file which was formatted to be able to be easily converted to data which could then be worked with?
    Well noone asked for this before. Of course I can try adding support for excel-csv.
  • I suppose there's always a first time :-)

I'm not sure I even know how to turn a tab separated text file into an xls. I suppose I need to import it to Excel and specify tabs instead of commas. I've certainly never done that before.

I'll give it a try.
  • OK, I tried it and it works!